• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater tour of duty.

mjsemtex

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2008
nj meadowlands.
i remember watching this years ago when i was much younger.

recently picked up the first disc of the first season from netflix and have to say it was much better when i was a 'kid'.

also, i don't understand what happened to 'paint it black' as the opening theme song. now it's some lame synthesized asian-inspired soundtrack.

Re: tour of duty.

I read somewhere on the net that Paint It Black didn't get the go ahead to be put on the DVD's. I miss that song at the start of this show. I have all the episods on my computer. The show was better as a kid but I still like it for what it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read somewhere on the net that Paint It Black didn't get the go ahead to be put on the DVD's. I miss that song at the start of this show. I have all the episods on my computer. The show was better as a kid but I still like it for what it is. </div></div>

i kind of figured as much with the rights to the song... i can imagine the rolling stones would've asked for far too much to use it for the dvd re-release.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read somewhere on the net that Paint It Black didn't get the go ahead to be put on the DVD's. I miss that song at the start of this show. I have all the episodes on my computer. The show was better as a kid but I still like it for what it is. </div></div>

I too used to watch all of these shows when I was a young 'un and to this day when I hear that song it's the first thing I think of. It's also the only Stones song on my song list so they should embrace the DVD series IMO as it opened their music up to people who normally might not listen.

For the reasons mentioned I also am not watching them as an adult. Too many childhood memories are spoiled when I try to watch great movies or TV shows that I once enjoyed as simple minded retard. The world has spoiled me from the simple enjoyments in life I guess. That show was tha sizz! LT pwnd all!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjsemtex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i remember watching this years ago when i was much younger.

recently picked up the first disc of the first season from netflix and have to say it was much better when i was a 'kid'.
</div></div>

laugh.gif
I think I may still have half of the last season I VHS recorded from tv around some where...

By far my favorite show when I was a kid. I've been avoiding watching it because I didn't want to ruin the memories. Hell, sometimes I think that show had a role in getting me to join the army.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loved it as a kid, still like it today. </div></div>
X2

One of my favorite ones as a kid.The Stones song still reminds me of the show when I hear it now.
Don't know if I would like to see it now or not.

It's the show <span style="font-style: italic">The Unit</span> was trying to be.

Fail....