• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Toys for Big Boys

sturkis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2009
phoenix,az
Here are a few of my Toys for Big Boys.

TRG-41 338LM
Kimber 8400 Tactical .308
Mini Windrunner .308

Re: Toys for Big Boys

I hate to say it, but your scope is the wrong color on your windrunner.. They look better in black,...
wink.gif

lol

I know. I am actually going to have the whole rifle Duracoated. Was the first Nightforce I ever owned. So I stuck it on there and it shoots too good to pull it off.

Have you done any handloads for it yet?

I have loaded some but havent figured if they shoot any better than FGMM. Thats shoots pretty well in mine..

found that 41.5 grs of H-4895 with a 168 Sierra Match King will shoot great out of all 3 of my .308's. Kimber likes it best and will consistantly hit target at 1200yds. All 3 will shoot well under 1/2" @ 100yds. Oh! That is with Lapua brass also. You have to do nothing to the Lapua brass.ie: Square primer pocket and deburr flash hole. That is already done for you.

had to use a sling in the sniper school I just went to. Was a change but go through it. Tried our luck at a mile with the TRG but ran out of scope because it was a 32X. But did manage to hit it a couple time with a lot of hold over. Figured out that bullets do a lot of strange stuff at that distance.

kimber is a great rifle. feeds smooth, will shoot out to 1200 yds no problem. It broke in within 10 rds and shows almost no copper fouling at all. Will buy another one if I can find one at the right price. Of course it is happy with good ammo. Cold bore shot within 1/2" at 100yds. Cold Clean bore shot within an inch of zero.

Thanks Thunder. I consider that a very big compliment from you. I am blessed and I am thankful every day.

The stock is a McMillan and I cant find any fault to it other than it is a little low below the scope but as you can see I did some custom gun smithing with 3/8" foam and tape. Looks like crap but it works until I can get my eagle stock pak in a left handed one.

Nice, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of leather sling is that one?