• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TOZ 78

simkexxl

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2008
Hello,
Recently I decided to enter the world of firearms and was thinking about buying TOZ-78 .22lr rifle. Now, I couldn't find any relevant data on its accuracy so I would be most grateful if anyone owning (or having shot) this rifle would post some data on rifles accuracy. I was wondering if it can stay sub MOA at 100yds?
What really attracts me about this rifle is its availability and low price. And I was thinking about buying TOZ-78-5 model which has heavy barrel.
Also, fell free to recommend some other rifles in <200e price range.

Re: TOZ 78

I have two.....the heavy barrel model and the lighter open sights model. Adjustable triggers and 10rd mags....not bad for under 200. Sub MOA at 100.....that would be pretty good shooting. I think the rifles are capable but that is about the edge of their abilty is also my guess. IF you are just getting into shooting, working 22lr at 100yrds is excellent. If you can consistantly pull 1 MOA.....in all conditions you are shooting very well. I wouldn't worry about sub moa until you hit MOA consistantly and that might take a while......I am still working on it myself!!!

Here´s something I found on Finnish forums. Toz 78-06 with a custom stock. The stock itself is more expensive than the rifle but it looks like the combination works pretty well
smile.gif

kuva049gt7.jpg

The groups are 10 shots @ 50 meters.

kuvais9.jpg

Wow, thats a beauty
laugh.gif

Yap, I'll surely go for TOZ then. It looks accurate as hell!
Thanks