• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing TPC**Bear Down**

tyspredatorcalls

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
Oregon
www.tyspredatorcalls.com
I have been hunting my tail-end off for a bear this Spring and I finally got it done yesterday evening! I have only seen three bears this spring and two of them were yesterday.
I missed out on a good bear about 350lbs, he was feeding away from me just past the 800yd mark and got into the timber.
I spotted this bear feeding only 250 yds from me, so I let the Savage 300wsm bark out...game over!

DSCN2247.jpg

He isn't my biggest bear, however the season was coming to a close in a hurry and I was happy to punch my tag
grin.gif
!

Thanks for looking,
Ty

Re: TPC**Bear Down**

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSsafari</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do you like the performance of the accubond? what caliber? </div></div>

It looks like a 300 WSM to me...

I've shot several bears and moose with .30 cal 180gr accubonds. I've never recovered one from a bear but the bullets I've recovered from moose worked as advertised. They retain approx 60% of their original weight. All have weighed in at around 117-120 grains. By the way, nice bear, good eats.

That is the first animal I have shot with that bullet, and it did quite well. I have been shooting steel lately and I am impressed with the results. I am going to have a European mount done(boil/bleach the skull). Thanks,
Ty