• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing TPS rings

huntall

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
Show Me State
I purchased a set of TPS-TSR 30mm rings. I also have a Sightron Slll 6x24x50 30mm tube that I was going to mount in the tps rings. When I set the scope in the rings I noticed that the rings seemed to tight for the scope and would probably leave ring markes on the scope. Has anyone had a problem similar to this with TPS rings? This scope fits fine in my Leupold mark 4 rings.
Thanks
Huntall

Re: TPS rings

Have a pair of calipers? Take some measurments and see if the problem lies in your main tube or the rings. If its your rings, send that stuff back and get something else.

I mounted a set of 35mm rings and they left no marks. They felt tight without the caps. Good gear.

I had the rings off the base and was just trying to mount the bottom half of the rings on the scope and the scope needed extra force to push into the base. 30mm=1.181" the scope measured 1.180"=29.9mm and the bottom half of the ring measured 1.174". I ended up mounting the scope and rings to the gun but I bet it will have some type of ring marks.
Thanks
Huntall

I've used their steel rings on several rifles, never had a problem with them.

I had a Nightforce that was tight when I installed them into TPS TSR rings. But when I removed the scope a year later. No ringmarks were present. TPS is good to go.