• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TPS TSR Mounting Instructions

Knight_Who_Says_Ni

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2011
Idaho
I'm remounting a scope, and I lost the instructions for the rings. I can't remember which side the long screws go on, and how to line the hash marks up. Could someone jog my memory, or scan the instructions for me?

I lost mine too and looked on 8541tactical.com website. He's got instructions on there in the Budget rifle build section. On the left side (as you're looking down the rifle) the rings have a line/detent. Those sides bottom and top should be on the same side. You can tighten that side down first, then level the scope, then tighten the other side. I don't recall longer screws.

Link: 8541 Tactical - TPS Ring Install

See this picture: http://8541tactical.com/images/AACSD/tps rings/TPS_4503.jpg

That detent on the left sides should line up and that's the side you tighten down first.

Last edited:
I dont recall longer screws either, but would guess they go on the "gap side" (opposite the index). Attached is a scan of the instruction sheet. PM me if you would like it emailed.

Attachments

• tps.jpg
    tps.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: plidenbrock