TracIR

jeffl838

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Man this HUD tech is so cool. It should be peanuts too at this point. If only the DoD had looked into optic integration instead of wearables. This shit should be common place by now.

jeffl838

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
I got to mess with the steiner hud scope once, and it's super awesome. Even unlinked, just the e-level standalone is a bad ass thing.

I think spuhr makes a diving board ramp where you can direct mount the raptar to the diving board. Gets it a little more low profile. That's some next level shit - super jelly

DownRangeThermal

scout alias hoginaustin
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Feb 16, 2017
Austin TX
www.downrangethermal.com
The only issue with the IFS I've run across is that the ballistic solver only allows 1 BC input over the entire velocity range. Works out well in certain windows with different projectiles. I have made 1st round hits at 1 mile with a 300 nm utilizing the IFS.
With this particular setup in the pic the preferred IFS setup in the HUD would be turret position and level only with all data referenced to the raptar tracIR.

jeffl838

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Nice! I didn't get enough time with it but I think I would have liked a 2mph wind displayed as well, but idk.

DownRangeThermal

scout alias hoginaustin
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Feb 16, 2017
Austin TX
www.downrangethermal.com
You can add wind. What is great is you can figure the wind on you holds and then input wind to match in optic then it will adjust wind hold for all ranges thereafter.
The Raptar S does allow live wind from kestrel...an upcoming IFS update will supposedly add that as well.

jeffl838

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Yeah I thought it was a super powerful system - really shortened the shooting sequence for even an ELR shot... assuming your raptar held zero...

This is getting really overboard but if they're working on better raptar integration, I think they could do it since it should all be software: the ability to display target grids, and the ability to measure lengths downrange.

jeffl838

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
I was thinking more along the lines of:

- put laser on one end of the thing
- hold/hit button to start measure
- drag the laser to the other end of the thing
- release/hit button to end measure
- display length

Should be doable via a software update

jeffl838

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Revic, BT linked Terrapin X and a clip on. Probably for a lot less...?
No way, being able to stay on target is a game changer. As opposed to spotting thru binos and then putting them down and then picking up a rifle, finding the tgt again, etc

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
No way, being able to stay on target is a game changer. As opposed to spotting thru binos and then putting them down and then picking up a rifle, finding the tgt again, etc
I was thinking more of spotter/shooter team set up. Plus the laser will likely help guide the shooter on target. But it admittedly isn't as cool as the Trac1.

TheHorta

Bad dog! Very bad dog!
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2014
NO AL
I hate all this Electro-Dorkery. It's compensating for shortcomings in the manhood department. Just gimme a flashlight and good irons and I'll do everything you can do with your fancy thermal gadgets and all that jazz -- and more!

Wait until the EMP comes, then we'll see who's-who.

Jgunner

Gunny Sergeant
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
Arizona
I hate all this Electro-Dorkery. It's compensating for shortcomings in the manhood department. Just gimme a flashlight and good irons and I'll do everything you can do with your fancy thermal gadgets and all that jazz -- and more!

Wait until the EMP comes, then we'll see who's-who.
Ill send ya my irons and flashlights. You send me all your thermal and nv stuff. Strait trade? 😀

Reactions: TheHorta