• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tracking Error

Dmybos

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2018
I have purchased a Leupold Mark 5HD and just ran a tracking test on it. This scope has a tracking error of .3mil at 12mils. All of my other scopes are within .1 mil. Wondering if this error is common of if I should send it back.

I have purchased a Leupold Mark 5HD and just ran a tracking test on it. This scope has a tracking error of .3mil at 12mils. All of my other scopes are within .1 mil. Wondering if this error is common of if I should send it back.
If you read This article that Frank wrote back in 2020, you would see that acceptable tracking error is no more than 2%. There is a chart there also that has the results of several Mk V and 4/5 were good and one was bad.

Your error was 2.5% so I would try it again to be sure you measured correctly. The article shows you how Frank does it When he conducts a class. I am assuming that you ran the test at 100 yards as well.

Good luck

Reactions: Baron23
For Leupold it is.
1682886722319.gif

Lol