• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tracking Point Demo

-Nick-

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2011
Someone just sent me a link to this video. I'm curious as to what their idea of "extended range" is as they say you'll get first round hits every time. And how do they account for variable winds? I like the 338 AX it's on lol...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvbyAcYjzlc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvbyAcYjzlc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Tracking Point Demo

I have to agree that this set sounds a little to good to be true. Just as you said. What if the wind is gusting and not constant. The set up may be able to calculate for a moving target but the speed would still need to be constant. There are just to many variables.

hmm, they said 1200 yards effective range for that .338 LM... Kind of an interesting idea. Didn't look like they had much magnification though on the through scope shots. Wonder what size of target they are using at 1200 yards.

They just sent out an email, it looks like they are packaging it with a rifle, so the cost is gonna be high...

Selling it with a rifle, not much more than a few inside videos, it's gonna be tough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They just sent out an email, it looks like they are packaging it with a rifle, so the cost is gonna be high...

Selling it with a rifle, not much more than a few inside videos, it's gonna be tough. </div></div>

Wow... I assume they're going to use AI for each one so it'll likely be minimum $10k+? There are very few who have a budget to buy something that's relatively new and untested.

It appears to actually be an AX AICS with an aftermarket action...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It appears to actually be an AX AICS with an aftermarket action... </div></div>

It is a Surgeon Remedy in an AX chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the 338 AX it's on lol...
</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It appears to actually be an AX AICS with an aftermarket action... </div></div>

Was it really necessary to state the obvious? Thanks though for trying to make yourself look like you're correcting me. Try reading the entire thread next time and you'll see I already stated it was an AX in the beginning, and the aftermarket action is obvious by the system design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It appears to actually be an AX AICS with an aftermarket action... </div></div>

It is a Surgeon Remedy in an AX chassis. </div></div>

Wade do you know if they're planning on only doing it in the 338 and how much they'll be asking for the entire system?

The Surgeon Remedy in an AX Chassis is $19,995.00

The next model down 300WM is $17,500.00

and there is a McMillan stock rifle that is $14.995.00 again in 300WM

Those are the Black Friday VIP numbers from the email.

So I am guessing the scope alone is over $10k, maybe closer to $12k.

OK Boss, I'm gonna need a review on this!! Until We see an actuall impartial review I'm calling an offical Shenn's on this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Surgeon Remedy in an AX Chassis is $19,995.00

The next model down 300WM is $17,500.00

and there is a McMillan stock rifle that is $14.995.00 again in 300WM

Those are the Black Friday VIP numbers from the email.

So I am guessing the scope alone is over $10k, maybe closer to $12k.

</div></div>

Holy shit! And that's the VIP price?!

The furthest shot they have in the video is 300 yds and change. It's also a 2-3 MOA size target. You could teach an ape to hit a 3 MOA target at 300 yds with a .300 Win Mag under just about any condition on earth. You could do it in a day. People have been trying to design widgets to make "one shot one kill" at extended range since the early 90's. It cannot be done with current small arms and electronic technology being what it is. There are way too many variables and no reliable way to measure and account for them all correctly. This is more snake oil that is being geared toward the Safari Club crowd who are simply looking for new and exciting ways to burn a hole in their wallets.

-SBS

Frank, are working on getting a test drive with one if these? Would love to hear your first hand account.

It isn't clear to me . . .does this product claim to measure and compensate for wind conditions, or is it simply a fancy laser rangefinder?

I was just about to post about this. My dad sent this to me over the weekend. Interesting and scary stuff. Eh, not really. I am calling BS on this until I see proven effectiveness. Nothing real special there and if it was ever needed in a quick combat environment it looks like it might complicate things to the point of adding seconds in between rounds. That could end badly.

Anybody read the book ISniper.

Looks cool but not practical for most

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SagebrushShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The furthest shot they have in the video is 300 yds and change. It's also a 2-3 MOA size target. You could teach an ape to hit a 3 MOA target at 300 yds with a .300 Win Mag under just about any condition on earth. You could do it in a day. People have been trying to design widgets to make "one shot one kill" at extended range since the early 90's. It cannot be done with current small arms and electronic technology being what it is. There are way too many variables and no reliable way to measure and account for them all correctly. This is more snake oil that is being geared toward the Safari Club crowd who are simply looking for new and exciting ways to burn a hole in their wallets.
-SBS </div></div>

This probably doesn't mean anything to you but I'll vouch for them being legit. Hits on 1moa targets offhand at 300 yards are automatic.They don't read the wind though.

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dustin Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SagebrushShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The furthest shot they have in the video is 300 yds and change. It's also a 2-3 MOA size target. You could teach an ape to hit a 3 MOA target at 300 yds with a .300 Win Mag under just about any condition on earth. You could do it in a day. People have been trying to design widgets to make "one shot one kill" at extended range since the early 90's. It cannot be done with current small arms and electronic technology being what it is. There are way too many variables and no reliable way to measure and account for them all correctly. This is more snake oil that is being geared toward the Safari Club crowd who are simply looking for new and exciting ways to burn a hole in their wallets.
-SBS </div></div>

This probably doesn't mean anything to you but I'll vouch for them being legit. Hits on 1moa targets offhand at 300 yards are automatic.They don't read the wind though.

Dustin </div></div>

Dustin,

Does that mean they locked on and then went offhand? Or do you have to be in relatively the same position?

Also...I'm assuming poor body position is still gonna effect the shot...

I'm assuming if this does what they say than you can take any number of shooters and shoot itty bitty groups at any range with the same rifle?

Also I'm guessing since you cant hold for wind. And if you want to shoot a target you have to now start dialing wind? Since it wouldn't be possible to break the shot with the cross-hairs off center.

So to confirm,

This system does not take into account the wind, the shooter must still determine it, and manually input it into the scope?

This is the "official" attempt at coming up with a "One Shot Sniper System"
http://www.cubic.com/News/Press-Releases...t-Sniper-System

They have been working on that system for many years. Last I heard, the distance/elevation part of the system was 100%, but the wind part of the system was only about 60%-70% under the best circumstances.

Very hard to believe that with modern technology, that they can't make this happen.

Thanks,
M Richardson

Just another Big Boy toy with batterys.How good is the scope when their is a EMP attack
smirk.gif
.Or when the shit hits the fan and their no batterys around
cry.gif
LOL Hey maybe they can put a solar panel on that thing as big as it is. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308 supsonic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just another Big Boy toy with batterys.How good is the scope when their is a EMP attack
smirk.gif
.Or when the shit hits the fan and their no batterys around
cry.gif
LOL Hey maybe they can put a solar panel on that thing as big as it is. LOL </div></div>

Do you really think people develop systems like this for "SHTF" or "Zombie" scenarios? When you buy NV do you ask the clerk if it's EMP resistant or solar operated?
crazy.gif

He been playing to much MW3.LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have been working on that system for many years. Last I heard, the distance/elevation part of the system was 100%, but the wind part of the system was only about 60%-70% under the best circumstances.

Very hard to believe that with modern technology, that they can't make this happen.</div></div>

Modern technology can make this happen. It just takes time to field a reliable product. I could relate tales of woe considering the amount of time it takes to develop products for both military and civilian use, but I don't think anyone wants to read about my inability to get shit done in a reasonable amount of time
wink.gif