• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tract 22x reticle spotter vs steiner 20x80 binos

Tikkaguy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2020
Looking into possibly upgrading from my bushnell T series 15-45x spotter. The tract seems kind nice for 1000 yard spotting on steel, but I’ve kinda always had a soft spot for steiner. Anyone ever looked through the 20x80 binos for spotting bullet trace ? Thanks

Don't know about the Steiner's (I did own a set of 15x56 Steiner's but apples to oranges), I'm hear to see what people might say about the new fixed power Toric spotters

Don't know about the Steiner's (I did own a set of 15x56 Steiner's but apples to oranges), I'm hear to see what people might say about the new fixed power Toric spotters
How did you like the 15x?

How did you like the 15x?
I thought it did well for the price (around $1k) but CA was fairly heavy (to be expected for the price point), I had hoped optical performance would punch higher than it did, in the end I sold it and am still pondering what do about higher magnification optic.

I should note that I did have the 2018 version as I bought the binos just last year

Last edited:
I thought it did well for the price (around $1k) but CA was fairly heavy (to be expected for the price point), I had hoped optical performance would punch higher than it did, in the end I sold it and am still pondering what do about higher magnification optic.

I should note that I did have the 2018 version as I bought the binos just last year
Yeah I think they may have updated it not sure. Supposedly better glass not sure