• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tract Toric ELR vs Burris XTR IIIi NOW With some Burris Pro and now some Zeiss LRP S3 also!

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
There was an older thread and mentioned a wider field of view on the XTRIII and a black tunneling in the sight picture on the Tract but that was months ago and another with a recommendation of a Bushnell Elite over the two but no illumination so with not many posts in either thread I figured I would dredge this up again with a new thread. Anymore opinions on the two? My Burris Pro gets here Monday so might end up with another if I like it but these two other options have piqued my interest now.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Been wondering about your thoughts on the PRO. Let us know after you get out with it.

I like the toric, but it does have a tunneling thing going on.
I’ve had a few of the Burris xtriii’s and i like my bushnell elites better than both.

Been wondering about your thoughts on the PRO. Let us know after you get out with it.

Will do. Almost deleted this post as no replies but will let you know. I actually just ordered a Tract so will be able to compare them myself.

Reactions: RFutch
I like the toric, but it does have a tunneling thing going on.
I’ve had a few of the Burris xtriii’s and i like my bushnell elites better than both.

No illumination in the Bushnells so dead from the go for me. On the tunneling where in the power range is it being seen?

No illumination in the Bushnells so dead from the go for me. On the tunneling where in the power range is it being seen?
To me, it was on all power settings with the tunneling. But crystal clear glass. That’s not only con. The FOV isn’t as good as the Burris xtriii,l

Reactions: Rob01
To me, it was on all power settings with the tunneling. But crystal clear glass. That’s not only con. The FOV isn’t as good as the Burris xtriii,l

Thanks. I will see when it gets here.

Don't have a Tract but have a Delta Stryker, it doesn't tunnel just gives you the slight looking through a cardboard tube feeling.

You get a lot of eye piece in the image you see (thick black ring) and you don't feel fully emerged in the image you see, the FOV specs are a little narrower that some scopes on the market but it's not necessarily the physical spec that is the issue.

Contrast it vs a PST Gen2, Strike Eagle or a PM2, these scopes give you a HUD type feeling and a very immersive imagine as well as a physically wider FOV.

Went and looked at FOV for both and at 100 on 30x the Tract is 3.7 feet and the Burris Pro is 4.2 feet so a small difference. At 4.5x the tract is 24.7 and the 5.5x bottom on the Burris is 23 feet. Will be interesting to put them side by side and see.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
I‘ll be watching this one. I’m sure Rob01 will give them all a fair shake and be honest.

@Rob01 no more Vortex or just branching out a bit?

Nope no more Vortex for me. Should have a couple more up for sale in the next months. Will leave it at that.
Interesting....
Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Burris and Tract, having plenty of mileage on most of the Vortex line up will be interested to hear your thoughts on the FOV/eyebox/eye piece on both designs.

Personally I feel like the PST Gen2 ruined me for life as far as eye piece goes. The 5-25 and 3-15 PSTs were my first "real" scopes for this PRS game and I really took their eyepiece design for granted.
I really like most things about the Delta Stryker but FOV/apparent FOV sucks comparatively and "annoys me" every time I use the scope.

Nope no more Vortex for me. Should have a couple more up for sale in the next months. Will leave it at that.
So now that you aren’t obligated to push Vortex optics, you don’t like them enough to keep not even one? Interesting. Can you now admit that the way Razor scopes zero is a pain in the ass and the damn inside turret lines are barely a suggestion. The “perfect zero” is a gimmick.

Reactions: ACard
Not because of the product so don’t try and imply something you don’t know what you are talking about.
I was just picking at you. I was adding to my post when you quoted me. I like the product. Have several.

Can you now admit that the way Razor scopes zero is a pain in the ass and the damn inside turret lines are barely a suggestion. The “perfect zero” is a gimmick.

No as it’s not and I like the way it’s set up. Again nothing to do with the product. I don’t BS people.

Back on to the original reason for the post. The Tract will be here Tuesday.

And UPS made a Christmas miracle and dropped my Burris Pro off today. I was shocked but popped it on my rifle and took a few pics. Overall it's a nice scope. Glass looks really good in my peering 100 yards into the woods looking at leaves but will give it a better test this week at the range. I like the reticle. The little + in the center is nice and not overly heavy. Put the switchview on and the power ring moved smooth enough. Parallax was a little rough and the finish is kind of a rougher feel so when you run your hand over it you can leave a little skin smear but it's not a big deal for a match optic. You can see a little in the third pic below near the sunshade.

I didn't play with zeroing yet but popped off the race top and it comes off easily and goes on easily. The book says it is zeroed on a 20 moa base from the factory but I spun the knob up and I got two full rotations and a mil so 25 mils as each revolution is 12 mils. With a scope that is said to have 26 mils it will be interesting to see where it ends up after zeroed. Clicks are tactile and audible.

Well here's a couple quick pics to show overall size on a rifle. Will play more with it when I hit the range and compare it to other scopes. Hopefully ups drops my Tract off Monday instead of Tuesday. LOL

ETA I will add that if you want a Pro or XTRIII go look at Liberty Optics. Scott has great prices.

IMG_3092.jpg
IMG_3095.jpg
IMG_3096.jpg

And UPS made a Christmas miracle and dropped my Burris Pro off today. I was shocked but popped it on my rifle and took a few pics. Overall it's a nice scope. Glass looks really good in my peering 100 yards into the woods looking at leaves but will give it a better test this week at the range. I like the reticle. The little + in the center is nice and not overly heavy. Put the switchview on and the power ring moved smooth enough. Parallax was a little rough and the finish is kind of a rougher feel so when you run your hand over it you can leave a little skin smear but it's not a big deal for a match optic. You can see a little in the third pic below near the sunshade.

I didn't play with zeroing yet but popped off the race top and it comes off easily and goes on easily. The book says it is zeroed on a 20 moa base from the factory but I spun the knob up and I got two full rotations and a mil so 25 mils as each revolution is 12 mils. With a scope that is said to have 26 mils it will be interesting to see where it ends up after zeroed. Clicks are tactile and audible.

Well here's a couple quick pics to show overall size on a rifle. Will play more with it when I hit the range and compare it to other scopes. Hopefully ups drops my Tract off Monday instead of Tuesday. LOL

ETA I will add that if you want a Pro or XTRIII go look at Liberty Optics. Scott has great prices.

View attachment 8018287View attachment 8018288View attachment 8018289
I shot my new xtrIII today was was impressed. Like the scr 2 reticle. Was shooting to 400 with overcast. Very clear, sharp view. The center "+" is small which I think is a good thing. Illuminated reticle works great. Overall pleased.

The Tract Toric ELR came in today. I got it mounted up and gave it a quick once over. The smoothness of all the adjustments are nice. No grittiness turning power, parallax or occular. Knobs feel good with audible and tactile clicks. Looked through it like I did the Pro and the glass is very good. I really like the reticle. Still need to put the zero stop in but put the Tenebraex caps on and they fit well. The occular doesn;t have a lock on it but with the cap on it's easy to see if it was moved accidentally with the small set screw in the 6 o'clock position.

A little con was now I can see what was meant by "tunneling" comments. There is a larger outer black area but I will wait and see until I get to the range to see how it compares to the others for FOV. Also the ring placement with eye relief was tight and on last slot. It was a little closer to the turrets than I usually set it but it's not something I would worry about.

Hopefully Wednesday afternoon I will make it to the range and check them out comparing to the Gen II and III Razors. Here's some Toric pics on my .308.

IMG_3102.jpg
IMG_3105.jpg

Interested in hearing the results. I have the Tract 4-20 and love it except for the fov. I started with a pst gen2 3-15 and think it’s ruined my opinion on other scopes although i don’t use it anymore. I think I’ve come to the realization though that fov is not really that critical on a long range setup (i.e. not for hunting)
The Burris looks like a nice scope

Well made it out to the range today. Gary @DownhillFromHere was there also and took a look through the three scopes. First to get it out of the way I will say the Gen III Razor has better glass than the Gen II, Burris Pro and Tract. Just is what it is and being more money expected. Of the three I thought the Burris had the best glass and the Tract and Gen II were close. Gary said he liked the Tract glass but the sight picture/FOV was a non starter for him. It is as mentioned above by others more of a larger black area around the sight picture. Not so much tunneling as that is not what it is but just a little like looking down a paper towel tube. I will address each below.

First the Burris. The Pro is a very nice optic. Glass is better to my eye than the Razor II as mentioned. It has a locking diopter which is nice. The capped windage is good to protect from spinning as I don't dial but easy enough to pop off if I did. Windage clicks were very crisp. The parallax was easily adjusted for view but the knob turn itself was a little gritty. Hopping it smooths out with use. It was easy to set and when set at 400 I could swing to the 550 targets without having to move it. Illumination has off spots between brightness and is daylight visible on the highest settings. Both red and green. The whole reticle does not illuminate but enough of it does. The elevation knob with the race dial is easily removed and the tooless zeroing is easy to use and works great. Once done just rezero the knob and pop the race dial on. Simple. After zeroing on a 20 MOA base I had 17.5 mils left. more than enough for a centerfire rifle. On a rimfire I would put it on a 40 MOA base. The reticle was really nice and thick enough to be seen but fine enough to drop the center + on small dots. The only real down side to the scope I can see is the scope caps as they are a little inexpensive feeling but they were free with scope and work so not a big deal with a scope that does so good with glass clarity and FOV.

Now the Tract. Again another nice optic in that sub $2000 price range. Glass was very good but again the larger black diameter kind of took away from it. No locking diopter but with the Tenebraex cap on it's easy to see if it moves. The parallax was tight to adjust as in it would go in and out of focus fast. Took a little play to adjust at 100 but easier farther out. The parallax knob itself is very smooth. Same with illumination which also has off spots between settings and is also daylight bright. The whole reticle illuminates also. Zeroing was easy enough. Dial until you are on and then take out single center screw and rezero knob. The zero stop is also easy to install. With the elevation knob off you just drop it in and tight three small set screws with the supplied allen and replace outer knob. @The4GunGuy I played with the zero stop and if you drop it in and bump it to the stop inside and then turn it back a little and then tighten set screws you can get some dialing below the 0 mark if someone wanted it. I had 23 mils after zeroed on a 20 moa base. The reticle was very nice with a good amount of hold points but not cluttered. Only two things I didn't care for and that's the ring around sight picture and the other I think will warm to me which is having to lift the elevation knob up so high. The ring around sight picture was more distracting than anything. I plan to run this scope for a few matches and see how it goes.

I am sure I forgot something so ask if I did as I just did this from memory. As a side note I am working to get a Bushnell XRS3 with EQL reticle in to play with. Will update when I do.

Gary @DownhillFromHere was there also and took a look through the three scopes.
Rob has obviously spent enough time with the Burris and Tract scopes to provide a good overview. I spent about 15 minutes with them.

As a basis of comparison: with the exception of a ZCO 527 with MPCT2 reticle, my 5-year precision rifle journey has been solely with Vortex optics, starting with a couple of Strike Eagles on AR platforms, then a few Viper PSTs and a gen-1 Razor 5-20x50 on factory rifles, and finally three gen-2 4.5-27x56 and two gen-3 6-36x56 Razors on my customs. I did own Redfield and Burris scopes on field rifles back in the '80s and early '90s but they don't really count - different generation, different playing field.

The ZCO sets the bar for clarity (especially in challenging light conditions) and feel. The gen-3 Razor is surprisingly close to the ZCO and a notable improvement clarity-wise over the gen-2 - but both of my gen-3s are early ones with the gummy-feeling but usable turrets. Gen-2 turrets are great, as are the ZCO's.

With that baseline set, my impressions today:
Burris:
  • Close to the gen-2 Razor overall. I didn't work with it long enough to really choose which one I would keep and use all else being equal.
  • I liked the reticle - would definitely prefer it to the gen-2 and maybe the gen-3 reticle.
  • I was "in the rifle" when I first reached for the parallax knob. My left hand went right to it but, when I turned it, the feel was so gritty with varying degrees of resistance that my head came up so I could see if I was actually turning a parallax knob. Ick. As Rob said, maybe it will improve with a little use.
  • The magnification ring was fine - no negative impressions.
  • Turrets felt great - nice clicks, just right amount of resistance.
  • Optical clarity on par with the gen-2. It was a very cloudy afternoon with occasional light mist, so not ideal for really digging into a comparison.
Tract:
As Rob said, the over-tight eye box gave me such a feeling of "optical claustrophobia" that nothing else mattered. Game over. The reticle was fine. But I have no memory of anything else because it felt like such a chore to "get into the eye box" that other factors didn't matter. I did play with the magnification ring to see if lower settings would deepen the eye box... no, not really; certainly not enough to matter to me.

-------
The perceptions, especially first impressions, each of us has of has of different riflescopes are very personal things. I couldn't abide the Tract because of the eye box. Rob noted that other factors were favorable. [shrug] I don't disagree. But the Burris was quite acceptable, based on that first impression. Would be good to see both of them again in much better lighting conditions.

Fwiw. As always, enjoyed the range time with Rob.

Rob has obviously spent enough time with the Burris and Tract scopes to provide a good overview. I spent about 15 minutes with them.

As a basis of comparison: with the exception of a ZCO 527 with MPCT2 reticle, my 5-year precision rifle journey has been solely with Vortex optics, starting with a couple of Strike Eagles on AR platforms, then a few Viper PSTs and a gen-1 Razor 5-20x50 on factory rifles, and finally three gen-2 4.5-27x56 and two gen-3 6-36x56 Razors on my customs. I did own Redfield and Burris scopes on field rifles back in the '80s and early '90s but they don't really count - different generation, different playing field.

The ZCO sets the bar for clarity (especially in challenging light conditions) and feel. The gen-3 Razor is surprisingly close to the ZCO and a notable improvement clarity-wise over the gen-2 - but both of my gen-3s are early ones with the gummy-feeling but usable turrets. Gen-2 turrets are great, as are the ZCO's.

With that baseline set, my impressions today:
Burris:
  • Close to the gen-2 Razor overall. I didn't work with it long enough to really choose which one I would keep and use all else being equal.
  • I liked the reticle - would definitely prefer it to the gen-2 and maybe the gen-3 reticle.
  • I was "in the rifle" when I first reached for the parallax knob. My left hand went right to it but, when I turned it, the feel was so gritty with varying degrees of resistance that my head came up so I could see if I was actually turning a parallax knob. Ick. As Rob said, maybe it will improve with a little use.
  • The magnification ring was fine - no negative impressions.
  • Optical clarity on par with the gen-2. It was a very cloudy afternoon with occasional light mist, so not ideal for really digging into a comparison.
Tract:
As Rob said, the over-tight eye box gave me such a feeling of "optical claustrophobia" that nothing else mattered. Game over. The reticle was fine. But I have no memory of anything else because it felt like such a chore to "get into the eye box" that other factors didn't matter. I did play with the magnification ring to see if lower settings would deepen the eye box... no, not really; certainly not enough to matter to me.

-------
The perceptions, especially first impressions, each of us has of has of different riflescopes are very personal things. I couldn't abide the Tract because of the eye box. Rob noted that other factors were favorable. [shrug] I don't disagree. But the Burris was quite acceptable, based on that first impression. Would be good to see both of them again in much better lighting conditions.

Fwiw. As always, enjoyed the range time with Rob.

Maybe Friday. ;)

Well figured I'd bring this back up as I want to give the Tract a fair shake for anyone who might be interested in one. The Burris Pro is a win so that will stay put but I wanted to try the Tract on my Vudoo for matches and see how it does. Weather was nice today so took it to my front yard 50 yard range and got it zeroed and chronoed. I like I have 26.3 mils of up elevation on my 40 MOA base. Scope is listed as having 32 mils total so I think 60 MOA might be pushing it but the 40 MOA base gives a good deal of elevation. I got it zeroed and dialed up all the way to check and dialed back down to zero and put a bullet through the same hole as the previous one so that was good to see return to zero.

I played around with the eye box again putting it up on some props and getting behind it prone and the more I use it the less it seems to be an issue. Another reason why I want to put it on the Vudoo and bring it to some matches. That and want to see how the tracking holds up. A lot more dialing on a .22.

On the Tract zero stop, it appears moving the inner dial doesn't really work at giving you any dialing below zero. Not sure why but today i just got my zero, dialed .5 mils below, dropped in zero stop dial and tightened down and put outer dial back on at .5 mils below and dialed up to 0 and worked perfectly. So if you need or want any below in the Tract that's how to do it.

And yes I threw on a cheap style switchview I had floating around as Tract was out of theirs when I ordered. It works. Got to say the Tract grey goes good with the Manners stock in Midnight camo. LOL

IMG_3128.jpg

I looked through a buddy's xtr pro a couple of weeks ago and was pretty impressed my the SCR-Q. Fine enough at high power to not be in the way, and to my surprise, I could still pick out the windage marks at low power.

Reactions: Hkmiller and Rob01
The MKM parallax wheel has worked miracles on several of my scopes including my XTR3. Great review btw.

Reactions: Hkmiller and Rob01
Well to bring my post back up for an update for anyone interested. I got the Tract out to it's first match today. I got to say I was very happy with it's performance. The eye box, while seeming tight when comparing to others, was not a hindrance at all. No issues getting behind the scope and finding targets and making shots. Reticle is great for holds. At 15x I could still hold over 11 mils in the reticle. It came in helpful on one stage where I needed from 2.9 to 18 mils for 5 targets and I dialed mid range and held under and over with last target being 10.2 mils over. Was able to take the win today and I know the Tract had something to so with it. That and blinding the competition with my bald head! LOL

329517849_708699194177151_4268253337465219010_n.jpg

Well to bring my post back up for an update for anyone interested. I got the Tract out to it's first match today. I got to say I was very happy with it's performance. The eye box, while seeming tight when comparing to others, was not a hindrance at all. No issues getting behind the scope and finding targets and making shots. Reticle is great for holds. At 15x I could still hold over 11 mils in the reticle. It came in helpful on one stage where I needed from 2.9 to 18 mils for 5 targets and I dialed mid range and held under and over with last target being 10.2 mils over. Was able to take the win today and I know the Tract had something to so with it. That and blinding the competition with my bald head! LOL

View attachment 8067958
@Rob01 I saw you posted in another thread that you now have two XTR3 Pros.
Is it fair to say you like the pro a fair bit better than the Tract?

Do you find the narrower FOV of the Tract a hinderance or do you not really notice it?

@Rob01 I saw you posted in another thread that you now have two XTR3 Pros.
Is it fair to say you like the pro a fair bit better than the Tract?

Do you find the narrower FOV of the Tract a hinderance or do you not really notice it?

Yeah I like the Pro a little better than the Tract. I like the elevation knob being tooless and being able to write on it. Glass is also a little better. The Tract is no slouch though.

Actually no on the FOV. I used it in 2 matches now and it's pretty easy to get behind and no issues finding targets with it. I usually run on about 15x or so but even on a couple stages I went up to 30x it worked fine. The Tract is a really nice scope in that price range. More of a personal preference thing to go with the Pro over it.

I should be getting a Zeiss LRP S3 6-36 in the next few weeks so will compare that to these as well.

Well got the Zeiss LRP S3 6-36x56 yesterday. Got it mounted up and to the range today. Just wrote this in another post for someone asking about the Zeiss versus the Pro for glass.

Well just got back from the range a little while ago and figured I would update. Had my friend Gary @DownhillFromHere at the sight in 50/100 range with his Gen III Razor and ZCO as well. I looked at the Razor, Zeiss and Pro first and then let him take a look but I didn't say what I felt so not to muddy the waters. After he got done he said the same thing I saw. The Zeiss and Razor III were even with the Pro just a smidge behind them with glass. I say a smidge and mean a smidge in that it won't make you miss a target but just a hair better clarity. The ZCO was a little better as to be expected. I then took the Zeiss and Pro over to the longer range and with the heavy mirage today it was a good test. The Zeiss again edged out the Pro in cutting mirage.

All in all Zeiss did a great job on this scope. Was easy to get zeroed and set zero stop. I ended up with 26.5 mils of up elevation on a 40 MOA base on my Vudoo so can dial past 400 yards. Here's a couple pics of the scopes sitting next to each other. I just threw some Butler Creek Element caps on the Zeiss until the Zeiss caps come out in April.

IMG_3248.jpg
IMG_3255.jpg
IMG_3254.jpg

A little bump for some more info on the Burris. I had it out to it's first match this past Saturday. All in all I liked it. I used the writable turrets on a couple stages and it worked well with wet erase markers. The reticle worked well for holds I used it for some hold overs and movers. No issues seeing the reticle on lower powers down to 10x where I used it. The extra stiffness of the parallax was a little bit of a PITA when having to just hold rifle up offhand and set it before a stage. Nothing earth shattering though. All in all the Burris Pro did well.

On another note, I have a Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50 shipping tomorrow to me as their credit card site got fixed and they ran my order. Can't wait to get it mounted up and see how it compares to it's big brother. If it's the same I will be very happy as I really, really like the LRP S3 6-36 the more I use it.

A little bump for some more info on the Burris. I had it out to it's first match this past Saturday. All in all I liked it. I used the writable turrets on a couple stages and it worked well with wet erase markers. The reticle worked well for holds I used it for some hold overs and movers. No issues seeing the reticle on lower powers down to 10x where I used it. The extra stiffness of the parallax was a little bit of a PITA when having to just hold rifle up offhand and set it before a stage. Nothing earth shattering though. All in all the Burris Pro did well.

On another note, I have a Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50 shipping tomorrow to me as their credit card site got fixed and they ran my order. Can't wait to get it mounted up and see how it compares to it's big brother. If it's the same I will be very happy as I really, really like the LRP S3 6-36 the more I use it.
Have you tried a MKM parallax wheel?
It can make it more difficult to see the yardage markers but if you use it enough you don’t need to look at those anyway I’ve found. Just smooth as butter operation, even on the stiffest turrets. Very fast to accommodate. I figured you have in your experience but figured I’d throw it out there.

Have you tried a MKM parallax wheel?
It can make it more difficult to see the yardage markers but if you use it enough you don’t need to look at those anyway I’ve found. Just smooth as butter operation, even on the stiffest turrets. Very fast to accommodate. I figured you have in your experience but figured I’d throw it out there.

Nope. Never have. It's a good idea but not really looking to add something to it. Hoping it lightens up some with use. Thanks for the idea though in case it doesn't.

Reactions: db2000
Hey all new to the forum but really appreciate this thread; it’s answering a lot of questions I’ve had about Tract! Now I’m eagerly awaiting to see how the Zeiss optics compare.

Well my Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50 showed up today and man it is nice! The glass is very clear and bright. Same reticle as the 6-36 so no surprise there. Basically the same excellent scope as its big brother but lower power. I took some pics of both scopes together. The 6-36 still on my Vudoo and the 4-25x50 on my 6/6.5 Creedmoor now. I have the 4-25 in a 20 MOA MPA mount so when I drop it on the Vudoo I should have close to 40.5 mils of elevation on the 40 MOA base. Will have over 34 mils on the 20 MOA base. As I said before about the 6-36, Zeiss did a great job on the 4-25 also. I have some cheap caps on it from an Arken scope until the Zeiss caps ship next month.

IMG_3311.jpg
IMG_3312.jpg
IMG_3308.jpg

Let us know your thoughts again when you compare this one to the Pro.

I got out today with the 4-25 for an initial zero and shooting out to 1000 to check data. I looked at the parallax at the 300 yard and out range and it actually worked well when transitioning. 300-500 yard is close and not a lot of adjustment needed. When I went from 600 to 1000 it was basically the same. Set at 1000 I could come in and see and impact 600 yards without issue. I did have the parallax set at the block just before the white block at infinity at 1000 on the parallax knob. It was actually the same setting for the 4-25 and 6-36 at 1000. I have a match in 2 weeks I will be shooting with the 4-25 and will have targets out to 1600 yards so will be interested to see how it does that deep.

It was a pretty hot and humid day and the mirage was cooking today but the glass did very well with it. I put it next to @DownhillFromHere ZCO with both set at 25x and the ZCO we both thought it was close but the ZCO was a little better cutting the mirage as most would expect. Had no problem seeing and hitting the piece of shot up grey 6" steel at 550 yards today so The Zeiss did a good job.

I also ended up with about 37 mils of elevation with the 4-25 in a 20 moa mount on a 20 moa base. I didn't notice any shadowing in the edges when topped out in elevation. If I put it on my 40 MOA on the Vudoo I should be able to dial out past 600 yards with the .22LR. That's nice! ;)

I put it next to @DownhillFromHere ZCO with both set at 25x and the ZCO
It was interesting today... we had multiple rifles side by side on the bench, peering through the glass and discussing what we saw. We kinda drew an audience, with one guy fairly new to the discipline especially asking a lot of questions. Rob's depth of experience and willingness to share knowledge is a gold mine for our community. I've learned a lot from him (and it's cost me a lot of $$$$ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:).

Sorry, late to the party.

Which Burris Match Pro are we talking about?
•6-24x50
or
•5-30x56...?

Thanks for the detailed review! 👍🏼

Matthias

Sorry, late to the party.

Which Burris Match Pro are we talking about?
•6-24x50
or
•5-30x56...?

Thanks for the detailed review! 👍🏼

Matthias

You are thinking about the Bushnell Match Pro scopes. This is the Burris XTR Pro. A totally different tier of scope.

Well I was finally able to get a Zeiss out to a match today! I took the LRP S3 4-25x50 on my 6.5 Creedmoor to the Coleman's Creek Atlantic Coast Regional PRS match today. Was a good match to bring the Zeiss out to as we shot to 1247 yards and they have a mile range so I was able to check out targets to a mile with the scope. Glass was great and able to see even shot up targets at longer ranges through some mirage. One thing I did notice was that the parallax was very forgiving from around 580 yards and out. One stage we had targets from about there to 1247 yards and I didn't have to touch the parallax. Had another stage from 300 yards to a little over 800 yards and I set it at about 400 and it worked great. The glass is very forgiving in this way. Scope tracked out to the 1247 yard target and if I didn't brain fart on that stage I would have gotten three hits there but when you shoot an extra on another target it takes away from that. LOL

The reticle was excellent for holds. I used it on half of the ten stages for holds as it was quicker. The day bright illumination works great. I used it on more than half the stages also as it showed better contrast on the shot up targets. All in all I am very happy with this scope. I am really fighting though with the thought of moving it to my other Vudoo when it gets rebarreled as it will have about 41 mils when it's said and done and mounted so can dial a long way with the .22. We will see.

I didn't get a lot of pictures but here are a few. Ended up 8th out of 101 shooters so not bad for a new scope on a 6.5 Creedmoor shooting factory ammo. ;)

IMG_3366.jpg
IMG_3369.jpg
IMG_3373.jpg

Well I was finally able to get a Zeiss out to a match today! I took the LRP S3 4-25x50 on my 6.5 Creedmoor to the Coleman's Creek Atlantic Coast Regional PRS match today. Was a good match to bring the Zeiss out to as we shot to 1247 yards and they have a mile range so I was able to check out targets to a mile with the scope. Glass was great and able to see even shot up targets at longer ranges through some mirage. One thing I did notice was that the parallax was very forgiving from around 580 yards and out. One stage we had targets from about there to 1247 yards and I didn't have to touch the parallax. Had another stage from 300 yards to a little over 800 yards and I set it at about 400 and it worked great. The glass is very forgiving in this way. Scope tracked out to the 1247 yard target and if I didn't brain fart on that stage I would have gotten three hits there but when you shoot an extra on another target it takes away from that. LOL

The reticle was excellent for holds. I used it on half of the ten stages for holds as it was quicker. The day bright illumination works great. I used it on more than half the stages also as it showed better contrast on the shot up targets. All in all I am very happy with this scope. I am really fighting though with the thought of moving it to my other Vudoo when it gets rebarreled as it will have about 41 mils when it's said and done and mounted so can dial a long way with the .22. We will see.

I didn't get a lot of pictures but here are a few. Ended up 8th out of 101 shooters so not bad for a new scope on a 6.5 Creedmoor shooting factory ammo. ;)

View attachment 8121792View attachment 8121793View attachment 8121795

View attachment 8121792View attachment 8121793View attachment 8121795
Rob01 great info on the Zeiss. I was looking at this scope 4-25 for a new Rim X from DPGunworks. So from your expertise it sounds like this would be a great scope for target shooting from 50/100/200/300/400(max) or would the 6-36 be better. Also may get into some NRL22/PRS rimfire in the near future.

Rob01 great info on the Zeiss. I was looking at this scope 4-25 for a new Rim X from DPGunworks. So from your expertise it sounds like this would be a great scope for target shooting from 50/100/200/300/400(max) or would the 6-36 be better. Also may get into some NRL22/PRS rimfire in the near future.
Yeah the LRP S3 4-25 would be a great choice for your use. Plenty of magnification and elevation. That said if you wanted the extra magnification and dropped it on a 40 moa base you can dial to 400 and then some with the 6-36. Both have parallax down to plenty low enough at 15 for 4-25 and 10 for the 6-36. Really no wrong answer but comes down to your wants and needs. Either would do the job very well.