• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tract Toric issues-resolved nonscope issue

Runnineh

Take a look to the sky just before you die
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2018
Behind enemy lines
Has anyone had any issues with their tract scope holding zero? I replaced a viper pst with the tract 4x20 bought used on here in my ar10. Prior to the swap, the gun would shoot 1-1.5ish inches, not its legit 6 inches off in any direction. I checked the torque on all the screws, re-seated the mount. I haven't swapped the scope out yet for a known good one, that's the next step, but I was wondering if anyone has had issues. Thanks

I have two Tract Torics scopes (a 4-20x50 and a 4.5-30x56) and their 27-55x80 spotter. All 3 scopes have performed flawlessly. Their quality is exceptional, as their Torics are all made by LOW in Japan. OP, have you reached out to the owners, Jon and Jon (yes, both of them have the same first name) at Tract? Those guys are super friendly and will respond quickly, even on weekends and national holidays, to their website's Chat feature. I know they will make sure you are happy with your scope, and will do the right thing to help you troubleshoot the issues. Good luck. Reach out to them on their website's Chat. Good luck!

Reactions: Runnineh
Thanks for the reply. I want to test the scope on another rifle and test another scope on the 10 before I contact them. I have heard nothing but great things about them and am not worried about them taking care of me if the glass is messed up somehow. I don't want to be that guy telling them their product is messed up without taking all the other factors out. I haven't read anything on here where a tract has failed, so that makes me feel like it's a shooter/gun thing. And being 6 inches out in all directions really makes me really hope it's not a shooter issue. I'm not the best by any means, but that's terrible.

Reactions: RedRockCharlie
Thanks for the reply. I want to test the scope on another rifle and test another scope on the 10 before I contact them. I have heard nothing but great things about them and am not worried about them taking care of me if the glass is messed up somehow. I don't want to be that guy telling them their product is messed up without taking all the other factors out. I haven't read anything on here where a tract has failed, so that makes me feel like it's a shooter/gun thing. And being 6 inches out in all directions really makes me really hope it's not a shooter issue. I'm not the best by any means, but that's terrible.
Good luck. I'm sure they'll be happy to assist you. Please report back once you've sorted it out.

Has anyone had any issues with their tract scope holding zero? I replaced a viper pst with the tract 4x20 bought used on here in my ar10. Prior to the swap, the gun would shoot 1-1.5ish inches, not its legit 6 inches off in any direction. I checked the torque on all the screws, re-seated the mount. I haven't swapped the scope out yet for a known good one, that's the next step, but I was wondering if anyone has had issues. Thanks
We would be happy to check out the scope if you continue to have issues. Feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] or 516-885-5621
We recommend the rings be torqued to 18 inch lbs and move the rings away from the turret if they are close to it.

Reactions: velocidad247
I’ve had a 4-20x50 on a Savage 110 Tactical in .308 for about a year now with no issues. I’ve been shooting F-T/R club matches with this set up and am totally pleased.
Jon and Jon are as mentioned previously very responsive to any inquiry you may have and I’m sure they will take care of you.

I've had a few Toric scopes with exactly zero issues. That having been said, they are made by humans and anything can break. I see that Jon already chimed in, so I am sure they will take care of whatever problem might arise.

ILya

UPDATE
Turned out I did do something wrong when I mounted it, just unsure of what. I pulled everything off, cleaned everything, re-mounted, and torqued everything and it was flawless. Thanks @308winshooter for the reassurance, I'm glad it wasn't the glass. As a matter of fact, the glass amazing and tracked perfect. First round hits using AB out to 750.

UPDATE
Turned out I did do something wrong when I mounted it, just unsure of what. I pulled everything off, cleaned everything, re-mounted, and torqued everything and it was flawless. Thanks @308winshooter for the reassurance, I'm glad it wasn't the glass. As a matter of fact, the glass amazing and tracked perfect. First round hits using AB out to 750.
Great. Thanks for the update. Glad it is all good and Jon was responsive to you! Happy Holidays!