• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tract Toric UHD 2.5-15x44 - A good DMR optic?

Leicafan1990

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2022
USA
I stumbled on the Tract Toric UHD 2.5-15x44 and I’m looking to get some thoughts on its suitability for a DMR style gun.

It seems to be marketed more as a hunting scope but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a good fit for a tactical style DMR build. As far as I can tell, this is a LOW Japanese made scope with a FFP illuminated MRAD reticle. It has a locking exposed elevation turret with a capped windage turret and it comes in just a hair under $1K. The only bummer is the weight at 28oz.

Feedback on Tract as a company seems very good, they are US based and offer a lifetime warranty.

Am I missing something here? This seems like a great DMR option.

Reactions: Tikkaguy
Now, I haven't had mine more than 6 months, and really haven't put it through the woods yet, but in the limited time/use I've found nothin wrong with it, I find it's a really decent optic for a decent price....Are there better for more? Obviously, but for a rifle that'll get used bumped around a bit ect., I think it'll do just fine....Plus, lifetime warranty, and I've personally spoken with both the owners on separate occasions, and they're both really good dudes that care a LOT about their reputation, which equates to demanding quality, in the product and customer support...

Reactions: Tikkaguy
Anyone else try this scope for a ar-15 spr type scope ish?

After going
through a hunting season, and (despite a SIG shooting on it's own and a helicopter ride later) I can now say that the Tract is an absolutely fantastic scope for both the 500 yrds. I had to play with at my farm in TN. and the 200yrd. range that I use to zero and plink, I don't have a bad word to say about it, it's performed in a variety of weather conditions, sometimes changing inside of the day, so I'll give it my okey doke and say you won't go wrong getting one for any type of rifle....Mine was an LR-308 if it helps.....And they're having a clearance as I write this!!! So if you're reading this and looking for a good scope, nows the time to act....

Last edited:
Yeah I see they added illum to the ffp model. As long as the 2.5 power is nice and flat edge to edge I think it would make a good scope for a spr. Or mk12 type rifle. 556 out to 700 ish yards

Why does the turret have to be 7' tall on so many scopes anymore? Looks like this would be a great scope for dmr type stuffs, but man that turret.
Yeah I know what you mean, was kinda between that and the steiner 2.5-15x50 but the steiner is a pretty heavy scope. 34mm tube is also pretty bulky but not terrible