• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tract Toric

Butleroutdoors

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
Getting ready to replace PST Gen 2 with Tract Toric 4.5x30 56 and want to ask if anyone has feed back on this Toric scope?

Researched many of competing scopes: MK5, Cronus, Rzr, XTRIII, T5XI, and the Toric seems to keep bubbling to the top.

How is the glass quality at distance? How is the overall performance/quality?

Mounting it on Bergara Wilderness Terrain 6.5CM, mostly target shooting (normally 500-1400 yds, occasionally up to 2000 yards) and Antelope hunting. I like the locking turrets, esp for hunting as turrets tend to get bumped.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

i purchased one last year, almost twin to my Athlon Cronus in every aspect. In fact if u removed the names, don't know if u would know which is which. I've only reached out to 600yds so far, but it's a super nice scope. You'll be pleased. Haven't spent a lot of time behind it, but it flat out works. Have mine mounted on a 6 CM. Don't know if i've helped much, but :)

Getting ready to replace PST Gen 2 with Tract Toric 4.5x30 56 and want to ask if anyone has feed back on this Toric scope?

Researched many of competing scopes: MK5, Cronus, Rzr, XTRIII, T5XI, and the Toric seems to keep bubbling to the top.

How is the glass quality at distance? How is the overall performance/quality?

Mounting it on Bergara Wilderness Terrain 6.5CM, mostly target shooting (normally 500-1400 yds, occasionally up to 2000 yards) and Antelope hunting. I like the locking turrets, esp for hunting as turrets tend to get bumped.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Its a decent offering from LOW. Everything from LOW is pretty much a good optic.

As mentioned by the poster above, you could put all the LOW optics on a wall and throw a dart, take the one you hit and not notice much difference. Yes, there are subtle differences, but none of those differences will add or subtract from targets hit. For me for example, I dont like the eyebox of the Toric, nor do I like the 41oz weight that the Toric and Delta Stryker share. Or those behemoth knobs on top they call a turret. I would buy different LOW scopes because of that. But they all hit targets.

If I were buying a scope from Japan I would simplify it all down to all else being equal, all that matters is the reticle I like. Regardless of who's name is on the side.

Last edited:
Thank you both for your response. Couple of questions: does the Cronus have locking turrets and what other LOW scopes are in the quality/price bracket ?

I have a Delta Stryker which is pretty much the same scope as the Cronus and Tract.

As far as optics and mechanics go the scope has been great, compared to the PST the glass is definitely an improvement.

Two things I don't like about the Stryker are the reticle (stupid design in the centre IMO) and the narrow (ish) FOV.
After being used to the PST super wide FOV the Delta Stryker feels like looking down a cardboard tube, it might not matter much to you but it's a factor I can't seem to get passed.

Once/if the illuminated version of the XTR3 comes out I'll be selling my Stryker and getting that, due to reticle and FOV.
I like the locking turrets on the Stryker but think the capped windage of the XTR3 will be good enough as every time I've had a turret get bumped/twisted it was always the windage turret.

I have a Delta Stryker which is pretty much the same scope as the Cronus and Tract.

As far as optics and mechanics go the scope has been great, compared to the PST the glass is definitely an improvement.

Two things I don't like about the Stryker are the reticle (stupid design in the centre IMO) and the narrow (ish) FOV.
After being used to the PST super wide FOV the Delta Stryker feels like looking down a cardboard tube, it might not matter much to you but it's a factor I can't seem to get passed.

Once/if the illuminated version of the XTR3 comes out I'll be selling my Stryker and getting that, due to reticle and FOV.
I like the locking turrets on the Stryker but think the capped windage of the XTR3 will be good enough as every time I've had a turret get bumped/twisted it was always the windage turret.

Thats what the Tract looks like to me as well. Looking down a thick black tube.

I'm spoiled by the eyebox and FOV on the XTR3, it makes a lot of other scopes look less appealing. The eyebox is edge to edge glass, the black ring of the tube is thin. Plus that large FOV. Burris definitely nailed those aspects of that optic.

And I've never spun my elevation turret in 10 years of 3 Gun and 8 years of PRS. Spun the windage a few times though 🤣. All my windage dials are capped on the XTR3s I run.

On the XTR3 is that the 30x model and do you think the FOC is larger than the Toric ?

On the XTR3 is that the 30x model and do you think the FOC is larger than the Toric ?
@Birddog6424 has spent time behind both so he can confirm this.

But the specs show the XTR3 is considerably better in actual FOV and the apparent FOV is also better due to the lack of a "black ring" appearing around the image.

I think it's the black ring that is most off putting for me in my Delta, it just gives the effect of looking down a cardboard tube, where as the PST (and other scopes) have so little black ring it seems more like a Heads Up Display.
Like the image you get through a good LVPO on 1x, the image appears to pop right in front of you.

Absolutely. There's another .7 or .8 mils visible per side, top and bottom on the XTR3, comparing both optics on 30x.

The only optic I've seen so far that comes close to XTR3 FOV is the NX8. It only gives up .2 to .3. I know March has one with crazy FOV, but I havent seen one in the wild, and its nearly twice the price.

And quite honestly, I like the glass better in the Burris. Its not a huge stretch, the glass in the XTR3 is sourced from Japan. But its brighter than most of the peer scopes I compare it to. The only exception being the MK5, which also has bright glass.. And I think there is a legitimate argument to be made on behalf of Leupold and Burris who are making the MK5 and XTR3 stateside.

All these companies are getting scopes made in Japan, they crack out a few of the shipment and inspect them, and send the entire batch out for sale. They're entirely dependent on the OEM to uphold their companies quality standards. If one or two have issues, there is nothing they could have done to catch it.

Scopes being made stateside have 100% control over every single component that goes into every scope. They have an opportunity to reduce malfunction and failure rates right inside their own building instead of hoping their OEM and their employees do it for them. They don't work for Tract, or Delta, or Athlon.

Do I wonder if that plays out in reality? I don't, because after they worked the bugs out on the initial run, XTR3 breakage is practically unheard of. Burris employees building Burris scopes and Leupold employees building Leupold scopes has made for two very good optics selections made in the USA.