• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trade decision?FN-PBR-XP for Kimber Eclipse Custom

vferguson3006

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
Maine
Man, decisions, decisions.
I have a guy that wants to trade right straight up.
I have a FN PBR XP, still has FN/Hogue stock and scope base.
He has a Kimber Eclipse Custom II.
Any thoughts, what would be a "rational decision" to make or not this deal?
I already have .308's and 1911's as in Remington Rand fully customized by Jim Clark Senior.[of course I don't shoot it]
What would some of you do?
Thanks, JOE

Re: Trade decision?FN-PBR-XP for Kimber Eclipse Custom

i would keep it, but im an FN fan. plus, i already have a 1911

That's why it is a tough decision for me. I have 3 FN's, counting 2 of their handguns already.
Do I need another .45? Hell, who don't, and I read and hear so much about the Kimbers's.
F____!
Most of the time I get screwed on trades, but I and the other person usually get what they want so sometimes if it's not apples for apples, we don't sweat the small things.

Kimbers aren't really up to the hype. I wouldn't have one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vferguson3006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's why it is a tough decision for me. I have 3 FN's, counting 2 of their handguns already.
Do I need another .45? Hell, who don't, and I read and hear so much about the Kimbers's.
F____!
Most of the time I get screwed on trades, but I and the other person usually get what they want so sometimes if it's not apples for apples, we don't sweat the small things. </div></div>

if thats your only FN rifle, why would you trade it for a pistol? i believe rifles > than pistols when its close in monetary value.

We do think alike, I have always thought the tactical rifle would outtrump the handgun.
It is my only FN rifle, however I have several other .308's I have plowed more $ into, and they all outshoot the FN.
It is a damn fine rifle, I am starting to lose the warm and fuzzy feeling towards owning a Kimber.