• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Trade in value of Range officer

Jager247

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
VA
I am looking at trading in my range officer tomorrow morning and I am just wondering what a ball park value I should get for trade In? Its in great shape and is like new.

Re: Trade in value of Range officer

Would you not be better off selling it on your own? I would think since the shop wants to make money they are going to give you far under the value.

Yes I would be better off to sell it on my own but I have a impulse problem. Lol. If I could get $650 worth of trad in I'd take it. But I think that may be a little high. That's why I was asking

Do they run around $800 new?

One of our local gun shops would look you in the eye and offer you $250-300

In my neck of the woods, about $500 is it. Best to sell it. They are popular and should sell quickly. I use a shop that charges me 10%. I get top dollar and they make a profit with no money tyed up in the product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I use a shop that charges me 10%. I get top dollar and they make a profit with no money tyed up in the product. </div></div>

There's no way you'll get $650, unless the gun you're trading for is a $1000+ gun at full MSRP. In that case, they wouldn't mind losing a bit on your trade to sell the other gun at a ripoff.

If trading in, I would expect $400-$500 at best.

But like Chard said, a lot of shops will sell your used guns on consignment. They'll take the gun, fill out some paperwork, and sell your gun at YOUR price, and take a % cut.

The problem is the same as selling it yourself, no one gets paid until the gun sells, and since you're an impulse guy...

Put it on plastic. Consignment sell your Range Officer. If your RO sells in less than 30 days, no interest.

I once took out a 90 day note from my credit union to buy something that was a really good deal. Sold some other stuff and paid the note off short of 90 days. Interest paid was worth it.

Contribute 61 quality posts and sell it here. Guns sell here all the time for more that it can be purchased for new and local to me.

FWIW, my dealer uses the blue book of values, sells new for 98-100% and used around 90-95% if trading in he will quote at 70-80% depending on what condition it is in. Consignment sales are 15% of purchase value.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I use a shop that charges me 10%. I get top dollar and they make a profit with no money tyed up in the product. </div></div>

There's no way you'll get $650, unless the gun you're trading for is a $1000+ gun at full MSRP. In that case, they wouldn't mind losing a bit on your trade to sell the other gun at a ripoff.

If trading in, I would expect $400-$500 at best.

But like Chard said, a lot of shops will sell your used guns on consignment. They'll take the gun, fill out some paperwork, and sell your gun at YOUR price, and take a % cut.

The problem is the same as selling it yourself, no one gets paid until the gun sells, and since you're an impulse guy... </div></div>

$650 is What I what I'm asking for selling it myself, I know the trade value is less. I was just checking the trade value. One shop offered $475. I am looking at trading it in on a Glock 34. Another shop said they would take the RO and $50 for the G 34.

Well I went to another gun store today and traded the RO even for a glock 17 long slide

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you must like getting hosed. </div></div>

Yeah it feels pretty good thanks!!!!

Jager all depends on who you are dealing with and what you intend to do. I always do full value on both sides for trades and then negotiate the cash price. Cash and trade are totally different. If you are patient someone honest will come along and give you a fair deal.

On the flip side, looks like an attempt to get some offers via PM instead of attaining the allotted posts.

The shop that I help at does whatever they are selling the new guns for less 30%. So if they sell it new for 800 they would give you 560 on trade in. Then they sell it at 10-15% below what they are selling new ones for

I traded my RO for a new tikka T3 lite with a Sightron SII 3-9x40. Even Swap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a1-equipment</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The shop that I help at does whatever they are selling the new guns for less 30%. So if they sell it new for 800 they would give you 560 on trade in. Then they sell it at 10-15% below what they are selling new ones for </div></div>

This is for a LNIB weapon? Correct?