• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trail Cameras ?

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    Since they are "Observation Devices" in a broad sense of the term and most have "Night Vision" capabilities...
    I figured I'd get more eyes on this post in here than in then in the Fieldcraft section.

I'm on a new hunting lease with poor to no cellular service. I figured that out after placing 2 cameras over likely deer trails and not being able to get images from the cameras using the phone / internet app - Moultrie Mobile.
    The Cameras ( Moultrie Edge - ATT & Verizon Network Capability ) do not have a removable antenna, so an external High Gain Antenna is not an option for these cameras.
    Even if I purchase other cameras with the ability to put a High Gain Antenna on them, there's no guarantee that they will have signal.
    I'll move the 3 cameras I have around and see if I can get signal and put them up un those locations.

On to the next thing:
    I started looking at conventional "SD Card" Old School, trail cameras, and all of the reviews are terrible. About the best I saw was in the 3.6 out of 5 rating.
    Anyone have some real world experience that can give recommendations ?