• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Train Horn

dohnuts58

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
the big MO
train horn

a guy hit one of these not 10 feet from me on duty a couple weeks ago, had i not been deaf, and about to have a heart attack, i would have shook his hand then smacked the shit out of him with my baton

Re: Train Horn

I've got one (Siege Horn), but I don't use it on pedestrians. Except for that on time some teenagers decided to walk in the middle of the street everyday and block traffic at their leisure. That stopped quickly.

Otherwise great for people who blow through stop signs, cut you off, can't use turn signals etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish they were smaller, and would fit under the fairing on the bike. </div></div>

Ask and ye shall receive: Air Horn
Not as good as a full size but better then your stocker.

I have pretty good horns on this one. The last Bike I had was fitted with the Stebel Nautilus. It was plenty loud, but was a little high pitched to suit Me. I have the Fiamm dual tone Highway Blasters on this one, and it sounds just like My buddies Cadillac.

After almost getting run off the road several times in the course of just one month on my motorcycle......my Dad helped me to install a set of Air Horns on my Suzuki....

I can honestly say that it helped me avoid about 10 different "almost wrecks" due to car drivers simply either ignoring me or not seeing me. If I even suspected that a car was about to change lanes near me, or pull out into the roadway in front of me, I would lay on the horn for about 2 seconds and the reactions were literally PRICELESS!

Stopped the drivers cold from making any turns or lane changes as they whipped their heads around on their necks trying to find the "truck" that just blew it's horn at them....

I loved it.....

My hidden trumpets make for smiles darn near everyday!
Sure does get an errant driver's attention QUICKLY...

I have a boat horn ( spray can with horn attached ) taped to my bike handlebars, will make a rollerblader hogging bike path go down immediately

A friend imported one of these from hornblasters and we fitted it to his car. It was so big we had to cut a hole behind the bumper for it to fit in the trunk. Watching assholes on mopeds falling to the ground in traffic was worth it!

Back in the day; I had a three octave train horn on my Kenworth. Most people got out of the hammer lane pretty fast.

I work for a utility company and in turn have to work on the shoulder not to mention in the traffic lanes almost daily. A high school kid in a Z71 apparently had one of these and hit driving past me a week or so ago. I was facing away from him about 4' from the edge of the paving, behind the curb. Scared the shit out of me. I can see where sometimes they can serve a purpose but just to fuck with a guy trying to his job it really pisses me off. It's probably a good thing he didn't stop... I'd have gotten fired.

IMO If you're old enough to blow the train horn, you're old enough to tote an ass whipping.

I have a Nathan K3LA locomotive horn on my F150. It's mounted where the spare was. It's worth every penny.