• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training aids, lasers / SIRT pistols / ?...

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
With ammo going through the roof I'm giving consideration to training tools like the mantis x or SIRT pistols

Mantis x is currently ordered and I'm wondering what other training tools folks have found useful for pistol carbine and rifle practice without burning through ammo.

There seem to be a few windows programs that work with SIRT pistol but I'm not very familiar with which ones are considered "good" and possibly useful for several different styles of firearm

Thanks for any insight

With ammo going through the roof I'm giving consideration to training tools like the mantis x or SIRT pistols

Mantis x is currently ordered and I'm wondering what other training tools folks have found useful for pistol carbine and rifle practice without burning through ammo.

There seem to be a few windows programs that work with SIRT pistol but I'm not very familiar with which ones are considered "good" and possibly useful for several different styles of firearm

Thanks for any insight

None of the best pistol shooters in the US use those gimmicks.

You might want to buy and read this first: https://benstoegerproshop.com/dry-f...pistol-shooter-by-ben-stoeger-paperback-book/

I've never used anything other than the earlier version of that book to help me go from complete noob to within 5% of USPSA A class in less than two seasons of competition.

Dropping the hammer is probably the least important aspect of dry fire and even then you can get all the benefit you need by learning to call the shot based only on visual input from the sights

i have an old laserlyte i use to keep up trigger control on a da/sa sig and practice speed draws and target acquisition.
tbh, i have not tried anything that came out in the last few years.

@308pirate thanks I'll check the book out. Looks like it's only $10 for a digital copy

@theLBC you use any particular laser target system or just watch for the laser indication against a target for your feedback?

@308pirate thanks I'll check the book out. Looks like it's only $10 for a digital copy

@theLBC you use any particular laser target system or just watch for the laser indication against a target for your feedback?
i have a laserlyte target that has a timer and marks your shots, but mostly i am just using it for trigger practice - you can see the laser dot swipe across the target if you have poor trigger technique, particularly on a heavy DA pull.