• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training around Las Vegas? Front Sight?

FLC

Private
Minuteman
I will be out in Vegas in March and was wondering if there was any good play places to take classes on tactical carbine or precision rifle. I have looked at Front Sight, but am looking for alternatives. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

If front sight is all there is, does anyone have any experience with them?

Re: Training around Las Vegas? Front Sight?

Check out Progressive Force Concepts LLC

www.pfctraining.com

Did the defensive pistolcraft course last spring, and was impressed. Heard they may do a precision rifle course eventually, as well.

I can't say anthing about their training, but sent Progressive Force Concepts LLC several emails and called twice to get in contact with them and they never got back to me.

JeffVN

I hear mixed opinions on frontsight. Some say its more of high school "in crowd" click-ish mentality. I also hear that unless you buy one of their more expensive coarses then there isnt much motivation involved. Then again I have heard some good stuff. Only big drawback is theyre history. Lots of financial and legal issues in the last few years. Most of the customers there stay at the hotel my wife works at here in town. Unfortunetely I think they need to work on weapon safety a little more. One guy was practicing his quick draw and put a round into the wall. Bullet impacted into the pillow of an empty room next door.

I personally know a instructor for PFC if you are interested I can get you a contact number for him and he will get you squared away for sure. PM me if you like.

I have taken a few courses at Front Sight. Its good stuff, but you have to take the basic classes before you can take the advanced stuff. You must pass the 4day practical rifle (carbine course) at 90% before you can take the Precision Rifle course, and you must pass PR1 to get to the advanced PR2. And PR2 is the only one worth taking.
Their tactical rifle course is very good, but same thing, must take 4day basic class.

There is a discussion if we can get enough people together and work out a range that SOT Consulting would be interested in coming to Vegas for a class.

If you want training, check out PFC, but I would highly recommend steering clear of Front Sight.

Several of our Instructors have attended class there, and`deemed it to be unsafe and unprofessional. That is not to say all of their instructors are, just the program as a whole.

They have had a student die on their Zip Line, and they are also neck deep in litigations against them for fraud, etc.

Not to mention that they are expensive as hell!

I'm a Front Sight First Family Member, the best I can give you is mixed review. Contrary to Shibumi's comment, you can attend class there very reasonably IF you purchase a GREY Frontsight certificate (off ebay, etc.) for as little as $150. There classes can be very good especially if size is small. After a two year hiatus I attended 4-day practical rifle there this year with a large # of students and very inexperienced instructors (pulled from their handgun instructors). I still managed to refine some skills and learn some new ones, and had a great time to boot. Took the Shotgun Skill builder class mid-week with two others and had a fantastic class with great instructor and lots of practical shooting. I guess it depends on your class. Consider the certificate off ebay if you go. Caution- avoid the membership cool-aid unless you are able to recoup your investment in short order. (There's really no master planned community coming, at least not soon!!!)