• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Training in S Florida?

chrisfs

Private
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2013
Hey all,

Does anyone know of any good training schools in South Florida? I'm not finding much and even less feedback on them. Wondering if anyone has had any positive experiences with training down here vs flying out.

For precision rifle not so much. For defensive pistol/carbine look up the Menocal brothers or Jerry Novo. Thats about it.

Reactions: chrisfs
Hey all,

Does anyone know of any good training schools in South Florida? I'm not finding much and even less feedback on them. Wondering if anyone has had any positive experiences with training down here vs flying out.

Any classes at the ranges in Nichols (JTAC Ranch), Okeechobee, Immokalee (Tradecraft), or Manatee?

Reactions: chrisfs
Any classes at the ranges in Nichols (JTAC Ranch), Okeechobee, Immokalee (Tradecraft), or Manatee?
I've seen a few in Okeechobee. I was wondering if anyone knew any south of that, say south of West Palm but it doesn't look like there's a whole lot down here. Other than Covid :rolleyes:

Reactions: 338dude
Homestead training Center puts on some basic classes. From time to time Instructors are brought in to HTC or to Tradecraft. Are you looking for Semi Auto/ SPR DMR or bolt gun?

Homestead training Center puts on some basic classes. From time to time Instructors are brought in to HTC or to Tradecraft. Are you looking for Semi Auto/ SPR DMR or bolt gun?

Funny you mention them, a friend just did also. Going to try to get into their Sunday class.

For precision rifle not so much. For defensive pistol/carbine look up the Menocal brothers or Jerry Novo. Thats about it.

Menocal brothers are a no-go after Jesse Jr. was arrested for sex assault, kidnapping, etc....they always leaned towards the "tactical poser" camp but now that the truth of his years of abusing the badge and the subsequent cover-up at HPD no one would touch him or his training classes with a 10ft pole.

They certainly gave off that vibe, never associated with them but I knew they were offering courses. Jerry Novo’s bunch are good guys though, did my instructor work with them years ago. Nobody I knew down there was doing anything prs related though. I was the only guy messing with bolt guns at the time.

Reactions: chrisfs and Bounty