• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training in So. AZ

Re: Training in So. AZ

the border
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the border
smile.gif
</div></div>

I just swallowed some copenhagen laughing at that.

Sorry guys, i thought it was funny too.

In all seriousness. In Tucson, LMS does classes there quite often, I beleive their website is http://www.lmsdefense.com

Chappy is a good instructor, not sure when or where the classes are, but i'm sure its on the website

McMillan used to have the sniper school in Phoenix. Different courses from novice to extremely experienced. The name may have changed to GPS. I looked up on pc and fouind one called GPS and mcmillan. Dont know if they are one in the same or what. Good Luck

+1 for gunsite
I attended the 250 @ 350 back when it was called American Pistol Intitute, met the late great Jeff Cooper.
New owners now, but still stellar training.
Plan on shooting a LOT.

I attended the PR7 course. Seven days of excellent instruction and lots of quality shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think GPS is McMillan</div></div>

Negative.

The guy who runs GPS use to run McMillan.

McMillan is run by Ryan McMillan (SEAL) and Mark Spicer (British Army sniper guru).

GPS is owned by Bill Graves with Dan Herman as the Chief Instructor (USMC)

Challet,
I guess before we start naming a bunch more names for you, what are your interests? My company does offer some training, but specialized training like tactical medicine or AK47 101 i would have to defer to someone else.

I'm in the phoenix area, so if interested, email me
SM AT Tacticsllc.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think GPS is McMillan</div></div>

Negative.

The guy who runs GPS use to run McMillan.

McMillan is run by Ryan McMillan (SEAL) and Mark Spicer (British Army sniper guru).

GPS is owned by Bill Graves with Dan Herman as the Chief Instructor (USMC)

</div></div>

Thanks for correcting REM700MAN.

I'm a little hurt that my post wasn't deemed credible, given the fact that I actually trained at GPS and would know the difference between the schools. In hindsight, I should have posted a link to McMillan's website, which explains it concisely.

BTW Scott...I was gonna mention your co's training option...but wasn't sure if your location was considered Southern Arizona. Besides, I was trying to limit my post as a clarification to what had been posted about the schools described above.

10-4

I stand corrected, do they both use the same facility or something along those lines?

no, GPS uses what we call "cowtown" and Mcmillian has a different place for training.

GPS used to run the Mcmillian school, I have never taken a class by either, know several people who have taken the classes, so if anyone needs a reference i can give some names.

At Tactics, soon to be another name, we offer Carbine, shotgun, precision rifle, reloading, ccw, armorers classes, will have a schedule up soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no, GPS uses what we call "cowtown" and Mcmillian has a different place for training.

</div></div>

The one thing my post lacked was definitive indication of McMillan's range location.

Thanks for adding that piece in Scott!

When I visited McMillan's facilities this past Sept. 08, I never asked Ryan exactly where their training facilities were located...so I couldn't specify...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10-4

I stand corrected, do they both use the same facility or something along those lines? </div></div>

Thanks for being gracious...see my post above...

As an FYI..I'm partial to this inquiry because I am indebted to McMillan's for having accommodated a request I made to visit their facilities back in Sept. 2008. Moreover, I am partial to GPS for the great training experience I enjoyed Spring 2008.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
GPS used to run the Mcmillian school</div></div>

Okay good, so Im not out of my mind. I was wondering where I had made the connection between the two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MelodyLopez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Challet: Scott's the only one to offer a S. Arizona Location (not including his border comment)...

Gabe Suarez offers training somewhere just south of Phoenix...

However:

Gunsight is way north in Prescott, AZ (sp?).

McMillan has its own school. I'm not sure where their shooting range is located. You'll have to check to see if their training is now open to civilians.

GPS's location is north of the Phoenix downtown. Still not S. AZ. I'm civilian, trained there, and, do recommend you consider them for training. </div></div>

Suarez uses a local range near Prescott during in-state training.
Gunsite is at Paulden,Az.

just thought i would clear those up.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark P</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Suarez uses a local range near Prescott during in-state training.
Gunsite is at Paulden,Az.

just thought i would clear those up.

Mark </div></div>

Mark, thanks for the clarification. In my defense, Gunsite recommends hotel accommodations in the Prescott area...

Also, I contacted Gabe Suarez for a private lesson, my memory of the services he offers is that he'd train just south of Phoenix.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeltaP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: challett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are some good places to train in So. AZ? </div></div>

Have you looked at Warrior School in Tucson AZ?

http://www.warriorschool.com/

Lots of courses covering many subjects. </div></div>

+1

Darren and his cadre are great instructors and have real world experience. I would highly recommend them and I don't do that for many people/ companies.