• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training session with my boys

Gordon Nettleton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2006
Dallas,Texas
This past Saturday I took my two boys, Peter(5) and Philip (3) shooting while at the ranch. Lat week I picked up a 22 Cricket and we had a little range time. This was both of their first times shooting and I think Dad, had as much fun. It wasn't about the targets and the hits as much as safety training and some time behind the gun. Here are a view pictures from our 30 minute session.

IMG_3464.jpg

Philip age 3

IMG_3465.jpg

Peter age 5

IMG_3470.jpg

Peter and Dad

IMG_3473.jpg

Perfect feet position

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

Little brother had to get in on the action

IMG_3495.jpg

target

Thanks for letting me share

Re: Training session with my boys

That's very cool Kharma, keep up the good work with them. That sure does look like a nice place to hang out too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's very cool Kharma, keep up the good work with them. That sure does look like a nice place to hang out too. </div></div>

well Tony they are shooting from one of your mats, I have started them out right

I did notice that right off. It's nice seeing my gear helping new shooters stay comfortable. Thank you for your business.

Gordo,

Good looking kids you got there. Excellent job. They will remember the days afield for the rest of their lives. Dad will too I bet.

Dude, Peter is almost as tall as you at five. What's up with that?

See you soon bro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Just Roy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gordo,

Good looking kids you got there. Excellent job. They will remember the days afield for the rest of their lives. Dad will too I bet.

Dude, Peter is almost as tall as you at five. What's up with that?

See you soon bro.</div></div>

I married a taller woman

Looks like good times... I can't wait to take my girls out when they get old enough.

That's awsome. I have 2 boys also. Almost 2 and a 3 year old. I can't hardly wait till I can let them behind a rifle. Great pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pickpick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That's awsome. I have 2 boys also. Almost 2 and a 3 year old. I can't hardly wait till I can let them behind a rifle. Great pics. </div></div>

Same here. A 9 month old and a 3 1/2. I'm really looking forward to the day when I can just sign all 3 of us up for any match I want to do. Aside from the fun of having my boys along with me, then I won't have to worry about how much trouble I'll be in for leaving the wife home to watch the boys while I go out to play. It's Win/Win.

NIce pictures, my dad started me early as well. It's a lifelong passion I'm sure you will enjoy with them for many years.

Put glasses on them next time... those young eyes see really well, teach them immediately not to put them at risk.

Good job! I work with the kids for a couple months of just dry, parts of the firearm and safety oh ya and safety before they go to live fire. An Eagle stock works wonders on the Crickets. Just remove the straps and use a zip tie.

DSC_0613.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

he listen fairly well but wasn't interested in shooting, had his attention for about 30 minutes but the safety at this age is what needs to sink in. He is mainly interested because of older brother