• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Transferring Applied Ballistics app to new Android....

Bull Arms

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2008
I tried to search for this subject but could not find what I as looking for. I transferred my Applied Ballistics app to a new Samsung and none of my loads/rifles come up with the app......any suggestions to restore my data? Thanks for any help.

I would try plugging your phone into your PC, then browsing the storage to find where the AB program keeps all it's files then transferring them to the same directory on your new phone.

Reactions: Ravenworks
It blows my mind that some sort of cloud backup option isn't offered in the AB app. Google drive, dropbox, etc. It's not terribly hard to implement, but I don't manage product development for them, so it is what it is.

Best option would be to use a backup tool for your phone, if not then something like NextPit, Helium, Titanium, etc.
Back up with that, send to the cloud, install app on new phone, restore backup data from cloud via the app you used to backup with.

It blows my mind that some sort of cloud backup option isn't offered in the AB app. Google drive, dropbox, etc. It's not terribly hard to implement, but I don't manage product development for them, so it is what it is.

Best option would be to use a backup tool for your phone, if not then something like NextPit, Helium, Titanium, etc.
Back up with that, send to the cloud, install app on new phone, restore backup data from cloud via the app you used to backup with.
We are working on one, but you would be surprised the legal restrictions and regional restrictions we have to implement due to some of our users and compliances. Also our system is cross platform (We can transfer profiles from say the App to the Garmin Watch through the Cloud). I do apologize for how slow it is, but we are working hard on this.

The profiles cannot be transferred via the files in the system due to encryption.

The profiles cannot be transferred via the files in the system due to encryption.

That seems like a pretty lame design choice.
Not having some easy system to save your existing data to a file that can be copied and and moved over when you get a replacement phone, on a fairly expensive app kind of says lazy programming choices.

Reactions: LastShot300
We are working on one, but you would be surprised the legal restrictions and regional restrictions we have to implement due to some of our users and compliances. Also our system is cross platform (We can transfer profiles from say the App to the Garmin Watch through the Cloud). I do apologize for how slow it is, but we are working hard on this.

I can only imagine how DOD/MIL makes it a wonderful pain in the ass for you guys in that respect. In makes sense in that regard, and how or why someone like Strelok can do it so easily, and you guys haven't yet.

Will be a welcomed feature once it arrives.

I'm reminded of my years managing software and product development. Lots of gray hair.

I can only imagine how DOD/MIL makes it a wonderful pain in the ass for you guys in that respect. In makes sense in that regard, and how or why someone like Strelok can do it so easily, and you guys haven't yet.

Will be a welcomed feature once it arrives.

I'm reminded of my years managing software and product development. Lots of gray hair.
Hair has color?

• Haha
Reactions: MDof2
I am going to drive out of my lane for a second-----------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------Ok so Ballistics Arc has a cloud backup for weapon profiles seems pretty easy to implement......
------------------------------------------------ok I will get back in my lane now where I really don't know what the fuck I am talking about...... 🤷‍♂️

Why are user files encrypted? Doesn't make any sense even for the military...it's a just a load not a laser rifle design :ROFLMAO: . Almost every decent app out there allows easy access to file sharing and transfer including cloud backup, even military ones.

Reactions: W54/XM-388

I'm baffled. Strelok Pro lets you store your rifle profiles to multiple locations (Dropbox, Google Drive, Box)...why can't this be implemented with the AB app?

Reactions: LastShot300
I'm baffled. Strelok Pro lets you store your rifle profiles to multiple locations (Dropbox, Google Drive, Box)...why can't this be implemented with the AB app?
That app doesn't use proprietary/laboratory derived/RADAR data. It also doesn't have the capability in a future update to generate profiles for the devices (Bushnell, Garmin, Kestrel, Sig, , Vortex etc.). The system we are field testing allows profiles that are stored in the cloud to be uploaded into the devices. Some users are first on the list to get(and already have access) to this system so it is being rolled out in a specific order.

I am going to drive out of my lane for a second-----------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------Ok so Ballistics Arc has a cloud backup for weapon profiles seems pretty easy to implement......
------------------------------------------------ok I will get back in my lane now where I really don't know what the fuck I am talking about...... 🤷‍♂️
Those profiles do not have the ability to be compatible on other systems like ours are being implemented to. Right now our cloud based system is rolling through some high priority/high level systems and will be then rolled out to more mainstream consumer systems.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
That app doesn't use proprietary/laboratory derived/RADAR data. It also doesn't have the capability in a future update to generate profiles for the devices (Bushnell, Garmin, Kestrel, Sig, , Vortex etc.). The system we are field testing allows profiles that are stored in the cloud to be uploaded into the devices. Some users are first on the list to get(and already have access) to this system so it is being rolled out in a specific order.

Those profiles do not have the ability to be compatible on other systems like ours are being implemented to. Right now our cloud based system is rolling through some high priority/high level systems and will be then rolled out to more mainstream consumer systems.
Thanks for the more detailed explanations. One of the reasons I have held off on the App is because of the lack of this capability. I will await future updates when the App has fully implemented the backup system. When I have read comments in the Play store this seems to be a major source of complaint and I do not want to be one to cast any negative comments so I will wait.

Thanks for the more detailed explanations. One of the reasons I have held off on the App is because of the lack of this capability. I will await future updates when the App has fully implemented the backup system. When I have read comments in the Play store this seems to be a major source of complaint and I do not want to be one to cast any negative comments so I will wait.
We understand the frustration and are working everyday on some new improvements. I think what might get lost sometimes is that the consumer app is just a drop in the bucket for what is going on. We are working on it, and have hired on more staff to help tackle some of the workload. Some things that are already in use would make sci-fi writers jealous.

Reactions: Znutar
It's been nearly a year since this thread was updated. Has the situation improved any? I just got a new Samsung tablet for my shooting apps, and I found this thread trying to find out how to transfer the BallisticsARC data from my iPhone to the new tablet. As someone said earlier, this data isn't exactly Top Secret Compartmentalized info, and storing and transferring it shouldn't need to be encrypted or a difficult process.

It's been nearly a year since this thread was updated. Has the situation improved any? I just got a new Samsung tablet for my shooting apps, and I found this thread trying to find out how to transfer the BallisticsARC data from my iPhone to the new tablet. As someone said earlier, this data isn't exactly Top Secret Compartmentalized info, and storing and transferring it shouldn't need to be encrypted or a difficult process.
BallisticArc is a different app and company.

whoops - sorry about that. I thought i read somewhere that Ballistic Arc was the app name and Applied Ballistics was the company name. Thanks for clarifying. Plus I just spent the last half hour manually reentering my rifle data into the new device's app, so that was easier than trying to figure out a data transfer.