• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Transocean Deepwater Verizon employees?

smboudreaux

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2009
Addis, La
i know we have a bunch oilhands on here. i'm sure you all have heard about the tragic accident in the gulf. just checkin to see if everyone is checking in. we had a crew 8 miles from the verizon. the had to sit and witness the life boats being deployed and people jumping overboard.

Re: Transocean Deepwater Verizon employees?

bp1c.jpg

1001012v.jpg

1001014a.jpg

1001019r.jpg

Re: Transocean Deepwater Verizon employees?

We were neck deep in it for quite awhile.

All and all it could have been far worse. We all feel for those who were lost and are missing....and are thankful for the majority that were able to go home.

Re: Transocean Deepwater Horizon employees?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Re: Transocean Deepwater Verizon employees</div></div>

The name of that rig was the Deepwater Horizon.

Verizon is a communications company, and so far as I know, they own no drilling rigs.

I corrected the title.

Re: Transocean Deepwater Horizon employees?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I corrected the title.

</div></div>

Actually, not so much.

For the record though, Horizon is a cable interconnect company in my world, so I have no idea what the actual name is. I do know that the news said it is living up to its name as unfortunate as that is, and now resides in deep water. If I ever own a boat, I'm naming it something like "the least worthy set sail." Titanic pisses off the ocean too, so I'd try and get on its good side.