• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trapped miners.....

Legba

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2008
Indiana
They are running a trial run on the capsule that will bring the miners up. Can not imagine what 69 days trapped underground would be like. My hat off to anyone on here that does this for a living. I know I couldn't do it.

Re: Trapped miners.....

That would suck to be down 2800 feet under the ground for that long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope to hell they get paid by the hour. </div></div>

that would be a very nice check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope to hell they get paid by the hour. </div></div>

It was a paid vacation.
smile.gif

I'm watching FOX patiently waiting for them to FINALLY bring one up.

MS

If I remember right their employer went out of business while they were down there. Very early in this little fiasco. Some guy did send a large donation to be divided amongst their families however so they won't be completely broke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm watchin it live. Pretty exciting. </div></div>

I think the <span style="font-style: italic">comodín</span> maybe does <span style="font-style: italic">habla</span>, too?

wink.gif

Pretty cool- did you see how tight taht tube is they have to come up, 27 minutes each way - WHEW if you were not claustraphobic yet you might be when you get up!!!

It's pretty cool though - more miners in China could be saved by watching this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty cool- did you see how tight taht tube is they have to come up, 27 minutes each way - WHEW if you were not claustraphobic yet you might be when you get up!!!

It's pretty cool though - more miners in China could be saved by watching this. </div></div>

It's like an MRI tube, but a bumpier ride.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm watchin it live. Pretty exciting. </div></div>

I think the <span style="font-style: italic">comodín</span> maybe does <span style="font-style: italic">habla</span>, too?

wink.gif

</div></div>

Chileno si

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm watchin it live. Pretty exciting. </div></div>

wink.gif

</div></div>

Chileno si </div></div>

En vez de estar solamente relacionado con futbol, <span style="font-style: italic">hacer un chileno</span> tendrá nuevo significado de ahora en adelante, de aguantar un largo rato sin ventaja de papel higiénico ...

laugh.gif

... y quedando super, super feliz de que estén saliendo.

Es un pais hermoso y una gente bien educada y respetuosa, aun con este ano feo q han tenido, sigen sobreviviendo sus problemas. me gusta su patriotismo; CHI CHI CHI, LE LE LE, VI-VA CHI-LE! A eso se le debe respeto sea quien sea, pero este pais me ha robado el corazon, y frecuento sus playas en mis suenos.

Estoy bien seguro de que todo el mundo se reune en expresar su alivio y alegria al principio de una resolución final en el rescate de todos los mineros.

Por fin ,que bueno que los mineros estan saliendo del encierro debajo del Atacama donde estubiron para 64 dias .Mi voy a veer los noticias dentro de 20 minutos y celebrar con una chela

Number 13 is on his way up, twenty more to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome. And it was a US guy who drilled the escape tunnel. </div></div>

The sad thing is that among the Spanish-speaking crowd discussing this on Univision's live feed chat some are totally convinced that we've had nothing to do with rescuing the miners.

A team of twenty-two or so NASA engineers made the design specifications, and we've had a team in the Atacama since August, but hell, no, you won't hear that.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/to-design-miners-escape-pod-nasa-thought-small/19667140

Yo quiero taco bell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris112</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I remember right their employer went out of business while they were down there.... </div></div>
Wouldn't that suck?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G\</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sad thing is that among the Spanish-speaking crowd discussing this on Univision's live feed chat some are totally convinced that we've had nothing to do with rescuing the miners.

</div></div>

Who is that? Univision? those dirty Fuckers who cant broadcast anything but sad sad stories about poor mexicans and their persicution by evil white men? Their bullshit "news" stories seem to involve endless cases of "undocumented" problems, as if they were the most important problems in the world today. They bring shame and a veil of suspicion on ANYONE who sounds spanish, Fuck 'em.
Rant off/
I am glad that Americans helped out when and were they could, and also let their actions speak for themselves instead of tooting their own horn. I work in mines some times, and I am terrified at the reality these gentlemen must have faced. Get them OUT, and God bless ALL those who worked to do so.