• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Traumatic Brain Injury

Neil Allen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Huh, Imagine.....

After reading the headlines about the US soldier who shot up
Afghanistan civilians, I couldn't help noticing an irony. There is
all this clamor to try this guy quickly and execute him, never mind
his having suffered a traumatic brain injury.

Yet this Major Hasan, who shot up Fort Hood while screaming Allah
akbar, still hasn’t stood trial, and they are still debating whether
he was insane, even with the clear evidence regarding his motive:
slay as many infidels as possible.

So we have a guy in a war zone who cracks, and he must be executed immediately.
But this Muslim psychiatrist who was stateside in a nice safe
office all day murders 13, wounds 29 of our own guys, and they try to
argue the poor lad suffered post-traumatic stress syndrome, from
listening to real soldiers who had actual battle experience. Two and
a half years later, they still haven’t tried the murderous bastard.

Re: Traumatic Brain Injury

I think the key distinction is, solders vs. civilians. I do think there is a touch of a double standard at play here, i.e. being anything other than ..... seems to mean you're given a 'get out of jail free' card but in general the public values the lives of civilians, especially children much more than solders (Ft. Hood) which is understandable.

It's shitty for 'our guy' but killing (unarmed) kids is indefensible (if true).

We are such a tolerant people. In keeping with the rules of the forum I will simply say one word...politics.

PTSD, traumatic brain injury + Alcohol + Firearms + Active combat zone = recipe for disaster!
mad.gif

No matter how horrific this soldiers actions are, he is still one of our own and should be treated as such!

That's how times have changed. Back in the day anyone killing our guys got whacked. Now, in todays PC climate, any of our guys killing bad guys get whacked. It's a crying shame.

Now, I realize the Afghanis killed weren't soldiers (so we're told) but even our rules of engagement are tilted against the working man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's how times have changed. Back in the day anyone killing our guys got whacked. Now, in todays PC climate, any of our guys killing bad guys get whacked. It's a crying shame.

Now, I realize the Afghanis killed weren't soldiers (so we're told) but even our rules of engagement are tilted against the working man. </div></div>

So Afghan kids in their own homes at night are "bad guys" now?

I can sympathize with the frustration of the rules of engagement, but to some extent that's the price we pay for being involved in a war where the bad guys are mixed in with good guys and don't wear uniforms...I fail to see how that excuses indiscriminately wasting a large number of civilians who were doing nothing other than inhabiting their own homes. Some couple hundred thousand other American soldiers seem to have been able to abide by these rules.

I don't see all the hub bub over civilians getting killed by Soldiers when Afghan men kill more women and children over the rules of Sharia law. Besides, it's the Will of Allah that governs all happenings...unless you happen to be an dAfghan trying to make a money claim against the US Governement. Then it is the fault of the US, not the Will of Allah. There is your double standard