• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Travelling from Seattle to LV - how to carry guns - spots to shoot

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi All,
We are planning to RV from seattle to LV with stop overs in san fran and LA, sometime in January.

I am looking for advise on:

1. Can I carry my guns and ammo along in my truck? I will keep them unloaded and in a locked case.

2. Can I shoot my rifles some where on the way? If yes, are there some plublic land spots, you recommend I can do that?

thanks
Harjeet

Harjeet, here is a link to CA laws concerning transporting firearms.

Reactions: harry_x1
Dude. Not in a million years would I carry guns into California on purpose.

Surely you jest.
A2F0EC67-CB7C-4595-B9E6-5AADD78B92A4.jpeg

Hi All,
We are planning to RV from seattle to LV with stop overs in san fran and LA, sometime in January.

1. Can I carry my guns and ammo along in my truck? I will keep them unloaded and in a locked case.

2. Can I shoot my rifles some where on the way? If yes, are there some plublic land spots, you recommend I can do that?

thanks
Harjeet

Brother, just brush up on any State Laws you may cross through. The internet is full of suspect advice, but @168BTHPM is getting you on the right track! Safe Travels!

20211210_202637.jpg

Hi All,

thanks
Harjeet
I heard nancy pelosi lets folks target shoot on her san fran property and doesn’t mind if you break shit as long as you apologize afterwards (if you kill anyone inadvertently (or on purpose) just advise that the deceased had dirt on the clintons and you will be let go with a warning.

I wouldn’t enter LA without at least one beltfed ran by a capable gunner along with other assets including air/isr support

In other words, fuck California when it comes to guns/2A. Drive through oregon then reno to avoid it.

Vegas (clark county) forbids discharge of firearms in metro areas but you can shoot whatever you want on the BLM lands outside the city (blm = bureau of land management not the other).

In Nevada firearms can be in the vehicle at anytime as long as none are condition one unless you have a ccw NV recognizes and the pistol is concealed. I regularly go to the desert and keep my firearms in the back seat/rear section of my suv; ammo is kept in ammo cans or binders. Only my ccw is loaded when driving.

Last edited:
  • Haha
In other words, fuck California when it comes to guns/2A. Drive through oregon then reno to avoid it.
If you do drive around CA and come through the Reno area ping me and we can go shooting. We have a couple of nice ranges here. I don't shoot on BLM land because there are too many fucktards out there.

Reactions: harry_x1 and 1J04
Considering the CA considers anything newer than a 1792 Kentucky Long Rifle an Assualt Weapon and it must be registered. And who knows WTF they would do with "hi-cap" magazines.

Tread Carefully.

You may find safe Harbor in the Interstate Transportation Act, but I wouldn't trust any Law Enforcement in CA. (Sorry boys in blue, I know you are 'enforcing the law' but your law sucks and too many of your brethern love to shoot my dog rather than take out a gangbanger)

Interstate Firearm Transportation.

I don't shoot on BLM land because there are too many fucktards out there.
I don’t ever go to public ranges for the same reason though ive seen my share of fucktards on the BLM lands over the years, esp at night. There is alot more space between you and the fucktards in the back country compared to the fucktards at the typical shooting range.

You’ll have to keister stash the guns while going through California.

Standard AR15, suppressors, and SBR's are a no go in California, with certain exceptions not really worth mentioning becauseits too complicated.

Bolt guns are fine, pistols are fine. Transporting them in locked cases out of reach of the driver while in transit is fine. It's not complicated.

it was my understanding that any gun brought into california had to be registered with the state; because when you bring a gun in, even one, you are considered an “importer” (whatever the fuck that is). i read through the law before i went out there this last summer, and the conclusion i came to was that if you brought a gun in, it was going to be pretty hard to stay on the right side of the law-even if you were trying.

arizona was MUCH better, so i kept my shit in havasu. one guy i knew out there was a federal LEO, and according to him, orange county issued carry permits. i ended up leaving before i checked into that so i couldnt attest to any of that personaly.

How gun laws work, it is perfectly legal to carry a locked in the truck or case, unloaded forearm that is legal where you are from and legal where you are going across a communist state. In reality, communists target out of state vehicles for the express purpose of asking about firearms and then arresting the drivers for violating their state laws. If you have $50K for a lawyer you will win every time you wage a two year court battle.

Or, you can stay the hell out of California. If you do go to Cali, then do not answer any firearms related questions when stopped, DO NOT go shooting in California, DO NOT submit to a vehicle search for any fucking reason EVER and do not talk about firearms with any communists you meet, even at gun stores.

I've wanted to see the redwoods since I was a kid but I won't stop in that fucking state for love or money. Same with Illinois, I gas up in a neighboring state and drive straight across, never stopping or buying anything. I used to drive back to Camp Perry, Ohio annually in July. Every trip thru Illinois a scumbag cop would follow me for an hour as soon as they saw my NRA sticker on my last truck. I drove along, at the speed limit, using every blinker or signal and not "following too close". Bought a new truck and did not put any pro-gun stickers on it, NEVER got a second look after that.

Easiest way to travel, is to avoid communist controlled areas.

Once you have parked your RV, it is your "home" and the guns can be brought out and loaded. If you move to CA, you have 30 days to register any firearms. Do not bring SBR or suppressors. Probably can bring regular AR rifles. Theoretically cannot bring in standard capacity mags, but pistol shooting teams come into the state to compete, and are not bothered with mags over 10 rounds.