• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tremor 3 and Mil XT Illumination

BlackDogDiesel

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2019
I am considering taking the plunge on an ATACR 5-25 F1 and am still deciding on reticle. Currently torn between Tremor 3 and Mil XT. I have always assumed the Tremor 3 subtensions were not visible in dark environments even with illumination as the stock pictures only show dots in the crosshairs illuminated.

Then I stumbled on this picture. Does the illumination in the Tremor 3 light up any of the subtensions and windage holds? Is the visibility of the windage holds on the Mil XT similar? Would like to see better pictures of these in low light if anyone has them.

t3.JPG

Thanks

Depending on the magnification and scope, the illumination may bleed into the reticle and appear as though the entire T3 is lit up. It’s not

Here’s some pics of a T3 Steiner

Attachments

• 1F411E19-2EAD-4C37-9413-84ADCD530890.jpeg
    1F411E19-2EAD-4C37-9413-84ADCD530890.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 381
  • 164A8F75-4571-4A75-807C-A710DF818A9E.jpeg
    164A8F75-4571-4A75-807C-A710DF818A9E.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 384
4687964E-166D-48BF-B90B-412294FFFF77.jpeg
For me, the T3 was a little too busy and honestly I don’t have the time to learn the Tremor system.

Just got a Mil xt to try out. I like it and think that it’s a good tree reticle, but could do without the half-mil ghost marks ( they seem out of place with the rest of the reticle). For my eyes, The Mil-xt is less busy than a T3, but I’m very accustomed to the Mil-R. Which is pretty damm minimal

Here’s a pic of the Mil-Xt illumination
It’s essentially a Mil-C when illuminated
Pic came through Sideways for some reason

Last edited:
I am considering taking the plunge on an ATACR 5-25 F1 and am still deciding on reticle. Currently torn between Tremor 3 and Mil XT. I have always assumed the Tremor 3 subtensions were not visible in dark environments even with illumination as the stock pictures only show dots in the crosshairs illuminated.

Then I stumbled on this picture. Does the illumination in the Tremor 3 light up any of the subtensions and windage holds? Is the visibility of the windage holds on the Mil XT similar? Would like to see better pictures of these in low light if anyone has them.

View attachment 7565338

Thanks
Man, that looks like a landing strip in a flight simulator game. Ha!

Elnino, thank you for the information and pictures. If anyone else has some decent pictures of either reticle in low light, I would still be interested to see them.

If they were through the scope while in the field looking down range, that would be awesome.

The Tremor reticle are exceeding busy UNTIL you actually shoot through them. Then all you see is the needed dot, they rest disappear to the eye