• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Tremor 3 vs MIL-XT

sevenplagues

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 21, 2019
    Orlando, FL
    I have a tremor 3 on a 5-25 NF atacr but I was considering a MIL-XT

I would love to hear your guys opinions and know more about the pros and cons.

Thanks in advance

I personally prefer the MIL-XT just because it's not nearly as busy but still offers plenty of intelligence. The T3 is certainly going to offer some of the most intelligence available in a reticle, especially if you're dealing with an extreme amount of variables, but I think the benefits of all that are few and far between. Now granted, this is coming from a guy who grew up just hunting with a simple plex and I only recently got into long range shooting within the last year or so, but I feel like I've dealt with enough optics and spent enough time behind enough of these scopes to where my opinion has some merit. I also have many more customers either picking the MIL-XT over the T3 or doing like you're describing and making a switch.

Reactions: jetsurgeon
    My next scope is going to be the 7-35 ATACR with the MIL XT reticle, I think Nightforce has a winner with that reticle. The other Nightforce reticles just never tickled my fancy.

I was just looking at the T3 today. Wow is it busy. I like info heavy scopes but even I wanted to go back to the H59 after looking through it.

Thanks Doug, not today, I already purchased the 2800.com earlier today. But thanks for the price quote, I will be placing an order with you when the funds become available.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
    Both are hold over reticles ...

The difference is the T3 has the wind dots ... that gives you the ability to measure wind in MPH, think about wind changes (due to sounds or vegetation movements etc.) in MPH ... hold in MPH and shoot. No need for Ballistics calculator involvement for wind changes. That's the main plus for the T3 over other hold over reticles in my usage.

Care to elaborate?

Tremor 3 is far too busy for me with features I’ll never use.

If you want to shoot torso sized targets at moderate ranges very quickly it’s awesome.

I’m certainly not it’s intended user.
    I mainly shoot groups at 100 for general trigger time and focus on steel at a 1000 and beyond.
    I shoot very little in between.

For the occasional hunting I do I want a bit less cluttered reticle as well.

I think NF hit a home run with the Mil-xt.
    I just wish it had a small tenths area for milling targets.

I have a 7-35 MIL-XT on oder through the NF Mil program, but I expect it'll be a while before I get it....I chose it over the T3 for the reasons mentioned above: T3 is too much/too busy IMO.