• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tremor 50 leupold mark 5 not holding zero

grubeater

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2020
I just received my cadex defense tremor 50. 29" barrel. Have a warne skyline mount with a leupold mark 5 hd tremor reticle mounted. Its not holding zero. will have 3 shots touching then random flyers that will be 3-8 inches apart. So checked basics. Action screws are still torqued, using hornady 750gr match, warne mount torqued to rail, scope rings torqued to spec. Any ideas other than mounting optic on my badger ordnance 6.5 creedmoor that will hold groups i can cover with a dime. I plan on doing this later today. Any info appreciated thanks

I had a Mark-5HD that shot 2-to-3 inch vertical groups ... all on a vertical centerline. Checked everything (like you did), and sent it to Leupold. They fixed it and it's a tack-driver now. So my question is ... are your shots all over the map, or do they fit a certain pattern?

I had a Mark-5HD that shot 2-to-3 inch vertical groups ... all on a vertical centerline. Checked everything (like you did), and sent it to Leupold. They fixed it and it's a tack-driver now. So my question is ... are your shots all over the map, or do they fit a certain pattern?
they seem to be going up and down. Think it will be a good a good idea to put it back on my 6.5 to see if it holds? or is it just the G's on the 50?

Reactions: Oldloser
they seem to be going up and down. Think it will be a good a good idea to put it back on my 6.5 to see if it holds? or is it just the G's on the 50?
I put a known-good scope on mine, and it was fine. Then I put the misbehaving scope on a known good rifle, and it shot the vertical line again. That's when I knew the scope was defective. Leupold was "no questions asked" ... I returned it - they fixed it.

I put a known-good scope on mine, and it was fine. Then I put the misbehaving scope on a known good rifle, and it shot the vertical line again. That's when I knew the scope was defective. Leupold was "no questions asked" ... I returned it - they fixed it.
Ive used it in the past on the 6.5 is it possible it gave up the ghost on the 50?

I just received my cadex defense tremor 50. 29" barrel. Have a warne skyline mount with a leupold mark 5 hd tremor reticle mounted. Its not holding zero. will have 3 shots touching then random flyers that will be 3-8 inches apart. So checked basics. Action screws are still torqued, using hornady 750gr match, warne mount torqued to rail, scope rings torqued to spec. Any ideas other than mounting optic on my badger ordnance 6.5 creedmoor that will hold groups i can cover with a dime. I plan on doing this later today. Any info appreciated thanks
Personally, I’d do a quick target tracking test. There are threads on it. Don’t need the Box to Bench target but I’ve used them and they are terrific.

Basically, just put a tall target of some sort out there w a vertical line on it. Maybe 10 mils or 30 MOA. Whatever you want. Align it vertically w a plumb bob.

The difficult part is getting the scope level and fixed in place so it doesn’t move. I used a friends 25 lbs fixture but I believe you can do it w a lead sled or similar.

Then dial up and down and see if it tracks right or returns to correct zero.

But yeah, putting it on you other known precise rifle and see if the problem goes w the glass is, while not definitive, a good way to start isolating the fault between rifle, scope, and shooter.

Best of luck.

I just got a brand new 7-35 MK5 with CCH reticle in it that is going back to Leupold to warranty. How it got through QC i have no idea!!!!

The reticle is off center
reticle.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
I just got a brand new 7-35 MK5 with CCH reticle in it that is going back to Leupold to warranty. How it got through QC i have no idea!!!!

The reticle is off center
Wow ... very un-Leopold-like. I have eight Mark-5's and the one described in this thread is the only one that's had any issues. I'm sure they'll fix it or swap it very quickly.