• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trey Gowdy Leaving Congress

Either he in the sex scandal congressional payoffs or maybe our next special prosecutor.

I might not agree with every single thing he has said or done as a Congressman, but I do consider him one of the few "good ones" in the cesspool that is Washington.

Reactions: Changed
Feel a bit like I got kicked in the gut. As an unabashed Gowdy fan boy, the Gentleman from South Carolina will not only be missed, he'll be damn near impossible to replace. Huge loss and another shred of hope peeled away. We'll see where he surfaces in the near future.

Reactions: KUSA
I was watching some Fox coverage leading up to the SOTU, and he made some remarks suggesting that he much preferred prosecutorial pursuits to the atmosphere of Federal legislation. It may be that he's tired of seeing a parade of shitbirds pass before him upon whom he can't swing an effective gavel. That, I would buy, unless they're chicken-winging him for some indiscretion or another.

Reactions: demolitionman
Feel a bit like I got kicked in the gut. As an unabashed Gowdy fan boy, the Gentleman from South Carolina will not only be missed, he'll be damn near impossible to replace. Huge loss and another shred of hope peeled away. We'll see where he surfaces in the near future.
I hope he surfaces within team Trump!

Can he look at the last 8 yrs and honestly say he's accomplished anything? I don't know. I'd want to get the hell out of there and go make some money. I also wonder if some of them are expecting comrade Nancy to be running the place this time next year and have no desire to be in the minority.

Reactions: 308pirate
I was watching some Fox coverage leading up to the SOTU, and he made some remarks suggesting that he much preferred prosecutorial pursuits to the atmosphere of Federal legislation. It may be that he's tired of seeing a parade of shitbirds pass before him upon whom he can't swing an effective gavel. That, I would buy, unless they're chicken-winging him for some indiscretion or another.

1517425211445.png
http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary.html

Are you saying 'something's fishy'? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yep, I did that.

Reactions: Tinker054559
Holy smokes. I have just gotten to “know” Gowdy and I have to say he seems like a good one.

I’m willing to bet we will see more of him in a better position. He is a hard charger and not afraid to call people out on what BS they try and pull.

If he doesn’t get involved somehow to help the people out we have a problem.

he better hurry , what is the statute of limitations?

I think he ran interference for the swamp to run out the clock, he has done nothing but yak, he is a younger version of sessions

I used to like Trey quite a bit, then one day I had a thought. As a prosecutor, he did a very good job. But while on the committee he didn't really do anything. It seemed like he was a pit bull, but had no teeth....and ended up being more like the tacobell dog just yapping all the time. If you look at the committee's he was on, I firmly believe he knew more than he was stating.

So I started thinking about this.....what if he already knew the answer to the questions.....but was not allowed to ask directly because of it being classified etc. So what we end up with is...him knowing the answer as well as the person being brought before the committee knowing the answer, but both know that it's classified and can't directly speak about it.

Then we end up with the person being grilled just running around in circles laughing....well at everyone, since their not going to say shit, and no one on the committee can't say shit either....but it does look good on TV.

If Trey were a baseball player his batting average would be 0
If Trey were a football player he would have scored no touchdowns
If Trey were assessed on his case wins....well its still sitting at zero.
It doesn't really matter what you expose, if no one goes to jail.....

But the one thing he was successful for......is maintaining the status quo of the swamp......well because nothings really ever changed. I can't remember him writing any legislation....much less passing anything to stop any of this.

Ulitmately I look at his voting record, he did vote "yea" for several things that violate the constitution. So even tho his voice was loud, it is good to see him go.

Reactions: Mike Casselton
Bingo Wilson, exactly. All mouth no action. Swampian to the core.
How sad. You have one guy you thin you can admire and he turns out to be a swamp thing. What the fuck are we going to do?

As much as I enjoyed listening to him question someone, nothing EVER became of it. Every one of them are coated with Teflon. You can steal, lie, kill, rape, etc... and if you’re a member of that “mess”, you’re safe. That pisses me off to no end.

Reactions: Rthur
The Judiciary is where the real power lies. This past year has proven that over and over as judges shut down lawful orders by the president.
I wanted Gowdy to be AG, but a federal bench position at this point is an on deck setup for SCOTUS, which is by far a better place for him to make a serious difference.

Reactions: 1J04 and Maggot
The judiciary has forfeited any claim to be a power in our government, tey are not elected, they routinely re interpret the constitution so it has almost become meaningless, they have empowered a central government that has more power than mao china, nazi germany or stalin's soviet russia. The courts have no moral claim to a spot at the table and a minimal constitutional claim to a spot at the table.

There is more to the Gowdy story, than meets the eye. I hope we find out what that is.

There is more to the Gowdy story, than meets the eye. I hope we find out what that is.

If he's got a piece of ass on the side, please, for the love of god, let her be smoking hot. :p

Reactions: FS1
True, Gowdy got nothing done, sadly the truth is, there is no one single person in this country that could sit in the same seat, and get anything done either.

Reactions: BAT_Boy
I voted for Gowdy and have shaken his hand on more than one occasion.

He's one of the few who I'll take at his word, and it should be noted he never lost a case as a prosecutor. The language in his "not seeking reelection" statement is clear that he desires pursuing fair and impartial justice, and he sees no capacity for that in his present position.

I see a man who fought the good fight in the Legislative branch and decided the judiciary better suits his talents. In my opinion, he's sat in the high-backed committee chair and called people to task with a directness and flair for the language that I'll never possess. It's unfortunate that it didn't have the desired effect, but I'll be the first to support him in his next endeavor.

Well at least he is serving in the intended duration the Framers thought should be done - serve a term or two than leave.

I wish they would all follow his lead.

The reason we end up with 40 year wood ticks is because everyone thinks every other elected official sucks except for "their guy" and "their guy" should be anointed for life.

Well every sector in America has a "their guy".

Facts are after two terms they are "their own guy" and they are looking out for number one and you are merely a literal number two.

Reactions: Jethro3898
Good riddance. Gowdy said he supports Mueller 100 percent. Screw him and his fancy hair styles.

When folks with character head for the door, I feel vindicated about saying that Democracy is a failed experiment. The FSA has figured out how to stay properly stocked up for the rest of the foreseeable future. All they need is enough tax slaves to fund the whole thing. There is no cure for the disease when the host organism has the same DNA as the parasite.

Hunkerin'...

Last edited: