• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing TRG-22/42 Parts?

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    Anyone know where to find Sako TRG-22/42 cheek and butt spacers?

I called Berretta and no one is there for a week... and the customer service people don't seem to be able lookup any parts or find the parts when I GIVE them the part numbers.

Nuts.

(I'm trying to avoid tjgeneralstore or the other two mirror sites that sell this stuff online.)

GB

Re: TRG-22/42 Parts?

GB,

I ordered all my TRG stuff through Sportsmans Warehouse (before they closed here). There is also a place in Dallas called the Beretta Gallery (they may have other locations), and I know they can order items for you. They may be a little more expensive, though.
    There was also a guy that made the cheek and spacers for the TRG. I have no clue where the old thread is that they posted all his info and pictures.

Chad

Dude! Thanks! I'll start searching...

I called Berretta again just to double check, and even gave them the part numbers.

No dice. The non-firearm customer service can't even look the parts up. (They've got the typical stuff, but not spacers, mirage bands, small parts...)

Humph.

Call Alex Roy at EuroOptic. He has all that in stock and is one of the most accomodating vendors that I have ever dealt with. Try him at eurooptic.com

AG in NC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GB,
    There was also a guy that made the cheek and spacers for the TRG. I have no clue where the old thread is that they posted all his info and pictures.

Chad
    </div></div>

Looks like the thread may have gotten whacked with the others, his screen name on here is Terje338 if anyone is interested.

-pd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asbestosglove</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Alex Roy at EuroOptic. He has all that in stock and is one of the most accomodating vendors that I have ever dealt with. Try him at eurooptic.com

AG in NC </div></div>

I checked EuroOptic, and MAN are they EXPENSIVE! The butt spacers they want $30+ each for... even Berretta doesn't charge that! Wow.

I did find the old thread with the dude that makes the adjustable spacers, and I replied to it. ....and it seems to gone now.

Huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GB,
    There was also a guy that made the cheek and spacers for the TRG. I have no clue where the old thread is that they posted all his info and pictures. Chad </div></div>
    Looks like the thread may have gotten whacked with the others, his screen name on here is Terje338 if anyone is interested.
    -pd </div></div>

Yes, that was him! Thanks, PD!

The parts at EuroOptic may be expensive, but they are in-stock, ready to ship, and the person you are talking to on the phone knows what you are talking about. That has a lot of value on its own. And no, I am not a stockholder...I have just been treated very well in my dealings with that company.

AG

If you need to add any real height/length Terje's spacers are the way to go IMO plus everything becomes finger adjustable so no need for the Hex key to remove the bolt or move the butt if you cange the setting for different positions.

As I recall the official TRG parts are stupidly expensive too (what's new)especially so if you need a few to get the height/length you want.

TC

19092008047.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TonyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need to add any real height/length Terje's spacers are the way to go IMO plus everything becomes finger adjustable so no need for the Hex key to remove the bolt or move the butt if you cange the setting for different positions.

As I recall the official TRG parts are stupidly expensive too (what's new)especially so if you need a few to get the height/length you want.

TC
    </div></div>

Well, I PM'ed the man... Question is: Is there another way to get in touch with him?

I was able to PM Terje338 and get a price.

Actually, it's more cost effective to have him make you a part that it is to buy it from Sako.

TonyC: What make/model of adjustable lift (don't know what it's called) on the bottom of your TRG stock?

Check with Chris White at Lawmen Supply in Clinton Md. We got all of our TRG stuff from him. They are a vendor for the TRG's. They get them from Beretta, but may get a better deal on the parts. I seem to remember the stuff being cheeper than TJ's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GBMaryland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I did find the old thread with the dude that makes the adjustable spacers, and I replied to it. ....and it seems to gone now.

Huh? </div></div>

Hi,
    The old tread for the TRG shims is no longer to find when you search here at SH, but when you search with google you find it, and here it is:
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=704030&page=1

I still produce custom TRG shims, and if someone need one just send me an PM.

Regards
    Terje