• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trg 22 5/8-24 thread adapter

Re: Trg 22 5/8-24 thread adapter

Give Mike R. at Tac-Ops a call I have seen where he has made one for a TRG before. I will try to locate the thread for for you (if I can find it)

I can't locate it right now. If I remember right he made it for a customer so the customer could use the Suppressor he already had w/o having to buy another one because of the threads. Hopefully someone can chime in about the thread or maybe the customer who he did it for would, I can't remember who posted it either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just chop it and thread it 5/8x24 </div></div>

I have Some realy good dope on it that I do not
want to mess with by cutting-threading,

The issue with thread adapters is that they more often then not, they effect the accuracy of the rifle. It's like putting a band aid to a problem. Might as well thread it to something more common because M18x1 is just uncommon here in the states.

I don't mean to avoid answering the OPs question, but I think one should consider the decision to put an adapter very carefully. The OP mentioned having good dope as a reason not to re-thread the barrel but it may turn out that the thread adapter causes a change. Also it is introducing another layer of tolerances which may adversely affect the precision rifle. it MAY be the most painless course is actually rethreading....

Again, sorry I did not answer the OP but I thought it was a relevant point given some of the info listed in the posts. Just my .02

I decided against a thread adapter with my 18x1 rifle

I did It on my trg 308 folder here is a pic

DSC_0961.jpg

And here is its accuracy at 300 yards with factory loads 168gr federal gmm

f699fb8b.jpg

I got it from http://www.trosusa.com/

You dont have to chop anything. 5/8x24 is smaller that 18x1. Minor dia for 18x1 is .660"major dia for 5/8x24is .625". Plenty of meat,just thread over the top.