• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 22 bolt problem

corpsman1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
I just bought a blk. trg22. After sigting in @ 100yds. it is clearly a tack driver if I do my part. Problem is I notice the right side of the forend was cracked the mag.well up.Sent it back the dealer replaced the forend no problem. After receiving it I went to cycle the bolt and it only travels 3/4 the distance before a metal to metal stop. Saftey is off magazine out and bolt wont advance or rotate. Any thoughts?

Re: TRG 22 bolt problem

I assume you have already visually inspected the raceway for the bolt , but if not remove the bolt and inspect for any obstructions. I just looked at mine and the only thing I could think of being wrong is if the trigger screw is some how too long and sticking up into the race way. If nothing is in the way and there is nothing on the bolt itself, try removeing the action from the chassis, its very easy and clearly outlined in the owners manual. You may also want to inspect the bolt for any signs of damage from what ever is causing the binding. If it is clean and not scratched try useing a non perminate marker of contrasting coler to find the tight spot. Please post what the prob is whn you find it. Good luck!

Re: TRG 22 bolt problem

Thanks, problem solved. the bolt firing pin guide some how was mis aligned rotated it clockwise and that got it done. Thanks to you and my dealers help. Sometimes its just attention to details.