• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG-22 dumb question

mshedden

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2009
Manakin Sabot, VA
My rifle came with a swivel and stud for the rear lower buttstock. The stud has threads as if it were designed to screw into wood(?) after a pilot hole had been drilled(?) (not machine threads like a bolt). Anyway, I can insert this stud about half way into the hole under the stock, but it will not thread in as you would expect, in fact it doesn't screw in at all.

I'm loathe to start drilling holes in things & hammering things I shouldn't be messing with, so before I do that maybe someone knows what the problem is?
smile.gif

Many thanks!

Re: TRG-22 dumb question

Do not try and put that in there. It will not work.

There should be 2 studs already installed, One on each side of the stock. The bottom hole is good for a monopod

I had to drill out the bottom hole in the stock to fit the stud. Take a drill bit slightly smaller than the stud threads, and drill it out some. This worked fine for mine. You can even start with a smaller drill bit. My rifle did not have any other holes on the stock to use.

No hole in mine, and didn't even come with a stud, so had to do the drill-thing as well. Stuck it in there with a dab of JB WELD, sanded flush, painted and it hasn't budged since.