• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 22 Owners Post up your Favorite Loads

Tai_Mai_Shu

Private
Minuteman
I just got my new TRG 22 setup for myself. I added the checkspacer and LOP spacer from Terje and muzzle brake from Roedale. The only range I have close by me is 100yard which is ok for sighting in and getting a “feel” for a new gun.

I'm going to be checking out some other ranges that go out to 300-600 yards.

I’m VERY HAPPY with the performance of the TRG out of the box. I went to the range the other day and shot some Federal GM SMK 168’s and shot (8) 5 round groups @ ¼”.! This weapon ROCK’s!

I’m now getting ready to do some hand loading for it and thought about trying some SMK 168’s and 175’s along with Lapua Scenars 155’s using some once fired Federal Match brass and some new Lapua brass. I’m using federal 210M primers with Varget powder.

I would like to see what other TRG 308 owners are using and what shot best in there weapon, thanks.

Mike

Re: TRG 22 Owners Post up your Favorite Loads

Loads for my AIAW 26'

155gr Scenar Load:
42.1gr VVn140
New Lapua brass
CCI BR-2's
2.795 OAL

175SMK Load:
43.5 RE-15
Winchester Brass
Winchester WLR
2.80 OAL

Hope this gets you started.

Dont own TRG22, but I know many owners.

If using VihtaVuori powders, 47gr N150 and Scenar 155 work very well in many 308 rifles, including TRG.
Scenars seem to jump well, but go as close to light groove touch as possible.

Start from 46gr or so, read pressure signs and proceed from there.

Thanks guys, I am going to try some Scenars with some loads and see how they preform. I do know that just by using the Serria MK 168's don't need to be at the lands in order to get tight groups. By using the Federal GM SMK's I found I was getting 1/4" groups by using just off the shelf ammo. So I know it is pssobile to get even tighter groups by tweaking the load maybe just a little IMHO.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pb_m3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loads for my AIAW 26'

175SMK Load:
43.5 RE-15
Winchester Brass
Winchester WLR
2.80 OAL

Hope this gets you started. </div></div>

this is what I use in my AIAW and sako trg22. except I have IMR 4064 and use soft ass FGM brass (cant wait until its gone)

OCW recipes:

155 Scenar
43.9 RE15
Lapua Brass
Fed 210M
~2.850 COAL

Standard disclaimer about needing to work up to the following...

155 Scenar
46.3 RE15
Lapua Brass
Fed 210M
~2.850 COAL

-pd

TRG's are the best out of the box rifles I have found. With that here are my loads I use.
Lapua brass
168 Nosler Custom Comp Bullet
43.5 IMR-4064 or 45.5 Varget (4064 is a little better)
BR-2 primers
2.850 OAL
With this load I have to try to miss. I normaly shoot 10 shot groups of about 1/2 or less of the bi-pod.
BTW I use this same load in my FN-SPRA2 and my Kimber Advanced Tactical with the same results.
A couple of months back I tested 155,168,and 175's to see which was better. The 168's seemed to be mors consistant for me. Good Luck.

Great info guys, thanks. I'll be trying some different loads in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for all the imput.
smile.gif

Mike