• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

TRG 22 scope base question

insectguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2009
Chattanooga
Last week at RiflesOnly, I found my Sako base would not allow the spent shells to reliably eject. The shells would hit on the quick release mechanism and bounce back into the chamber. (I have the base with only two rings, not the three-ring version.)

I wound up turning the base backwards, so the quick disconnect was on the left, non-ejection port side. It works, but if I decide to go with the mirage band, the connection slot for the band is now on the rear of the base (that would look kinda funny....).

Anyone else have this problem?

Re: TRG 22 scope base question

Can you post a picture of this? I'm looking online and can not find a pic of the QD base and rings for the TRG 22. I guess this is a zero cant base.
Is it hitting the QD lever? Is there a way to tighten the lever some so it's out of the way (where the lever sits higher up)?

Edit- I found a pic of it.

Re: TRG 22 scope base question

Its actually hitting the QD mechanism, not the lever. The lever is against the stop pin, so I can't move it any further.

BTW, the QD mounts are really not QD, because the lever hits the scope paraplax adjustment when mounted one way, and the scope windage adjustment when mounted the other way.