• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 3-Ring mount Question

mstang1988

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm either stupid or my new 30mm medium 3-ring TRG scope mount does not fit the rifle.

I purchased the three ring mount off the hide and attempted to install on my TRG-42. I tighten the mount all the way down but it comes off the dovetail instantly. It seems to be picatinny width. Has anybody heard of this or am I doing something wrong?

Re: TRG 3-Ring mount Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstang1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm either stupid or my new 30mm medium 3-ring TRG scope mount does not fit the rifle.

I purchased the three ring mount off the hide and attempted to install on my TRG-42. I tighten the mount all the way down but it comes off the dovetail instantly. It seems to be picatinny width. Has anybody heard of this or am I doing something wrong?

</div></div>

post some pics. the sako 3 ring mount is to small to fit on a picatinny rail. if yours will, it might actually be a 3 ring near or something.

The small lug on the mount must line up with a lug recess on the receiver.
Here are a couple pics.

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstang1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm either stupid or my new 30mm medium 3-ring TRG scope mount does not fit the rifle.

</div></div>

Do you have a pic rail or a dovetail? The picture above is the dovetail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstang1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm either stupid or my new 30mm medium 3-ring TRG scope mount does not fit the rifle.

</div></div>

Do you have a pic rail or a dovetail? The picture above is the dovetail.</div></div>

When I get home tonight I will take a picture of the rifle and the mount. The bottom of the mount does look different then the picture above but nowhere can a find a medium 30mm base that is pic rail for sako TRG. It came in the black and white "Sako" box with the saying that Sako uses "authentic Sako" or whatever. The top of it looks exactly like the Sako mounts, not the near/Spuhr etc. Interestingly the part came from somebody that supposedly picked it up at the shot show or something like that from Sako. I would be curious to know if it is a future product offering and not the TRG direct mount mount.

FWIW, This is a factory Sako mount that was pulled off a TRG22 folder. I pulled the mount and installed the three ring pictured above.

IMG_0053.jpg

BTW, these are a pain to remove. They are bonded and screwed on. Looks like loctite, but is much stronger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, This is a factory Sako mount that was pulled off a TRG22 folder. I pulled the mount and installed the three ring pictured above.

BTW, these are a pain to remove. They are bonded and screwed on. Looks like loctite, but is much stronger. </div></div>

Here is the mount. Notice how different the bottom is compared to yours.

trg_mount.jpg

trg_rail_sde.jpg

trg_rail.jpg

trg_ar_sd.jpg

trg_ar.jpg

Looks like you have a mount for a picatinny rail. So you could consider it rare and collectible or superfluous, it's all about perspective, haha.
Justin

PM sent on returning this mount for full refund.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM sent on returning this mount for full refund. </div></div>

Thanks Wade, you have been excellent to deal with!