• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes TRG-42 300WM

DBF

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
United States
Seriously considering buying one of those, what do you all recommend for glass? Before the typical questions pop up, I'm looking at something that's great at 'plinking' at 1K yds and dropping game below that. Have a NF F1 on a IBA at home, would that be a good 'swap' to the TRG? (Hoping so.)

Re: TRG-42 300WM

You have an IBA and an F1 hmmm. You dont know if it will be a good swap? Ever get that VTR? First ask yourself... "Why wouldn't it be a good swap?"

Good point, I do think it would be a good swap. The VTR has a different glass on it, the IBA is the 'big' boy. Just curious if any other ideas or points could be raised on the Sako. Trying to go really out, would the F1 be sufficient? I guess that's my question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good point, I do think it would be a good swap. The VTR has a different glass on it, the IBA is the 'big' boy. Just curious if any other ideas or points could be raised on the Sako. Trying to go really out, would the F1 be sufficient? I guess that's my question. </div></div>

Like I said ask yourself...

300wm can get on out there. Do you think you would enjoy shooting 1000+ at 15x magnification? For me the answer is yes. However I also enjoy 12x and 16x.
The scope is fully capable, but you already knew that.

The scope is capable, fear for the nut behind the glass... Looking forward to this, thanks, a lot.