• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TRG 42 - 338 mounting options?

Re: TRG 42 - 338 mounting options?

I have the exact setup with Richard Near's Alphamount and base. I have 1000 rounds in mine thus far and have not had any problems with the base coming loose. It is a very nice setup and Richard makes good stuff.

hope that helps-
jay

I shoot a NEAR 20 MOA base with badger rings. Solid setup. The alphamount seems to be a wonderful piece of kit but funds dictated I use the rings I already had. Either way the scope will stay put.

Josh

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...389#Post1765389

This is the Near on my Sako.....
102_2782.jpg

102_2775.jpg

102_2774.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJ Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ok, I a little confused on mounts for the trg42. What is better, getting the rifle with the 1911 rail on it and standard 34mm badger's Or doing something else? We don't exacty have one around here to look at. Would one of the Sako mounts work for a S&B 5X25-56?? I've looked at Near but their web site assumes you know what you want. I want the optic to stay on the rifle when shot - seems simple enough. Thanks in advance. </div></div>

I went with the Sako 3 ring 30 MOA mount. It was designed for that rifle, by the rifle maker.

SBPMII-1.jpg

Skip the rail and go for a mount that sits direct on the receiver.
Sako 3-ring mount or the new mount from Spuhr.

That is my opinion