• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 42 Barrell Twist

Re: TRG 42 Barrell Twist

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would probably go 1/10 but there are smarter the me on this board </div></div>

Thats what I am thinking, but all of the TRG I've seen are 1/12.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the new ones are 1:10. </div></div>

The spec sheet from Sako says 1:12 for .338, Alex from Eurooptics told me 1:11, now I am really confused.

His qoute

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Sako TRG 338 Lapuas are 1:10...rather 1:11

And contrary to rumor, Sako has told me as recently as last week that there are no plans to change.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CVO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the new ones are 1:10. </div></div>

The spec sheet from Sako says 1:12 for .338, Alex from Eurooptics told me 1:11, now I am really confused.

His qoute

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Sako TRG 338 Lapuas are 1:10...rather 1:11

And contrary to rumor, Sako has told me as recently as last week that there are no plans to change.

</div></div> </div></div>

This is odd because they're all coming in now with 1:10" stamped on the barrel. There's a fellow over on AR15.com, who bought one before people knew what as up and his was/is marked 1:10. Realizing that they should be unmarked and 1:12s, he measured his a few times and it is indeed a 1:10" twist.

They ARE coming in stamped 1:10, so either your Sako guy is wrong, the barrel stamp die setter is a retard or everybody else is nuts in misreading/mismeasuring the twists themselves.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CVO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the new ones are 1:10. </div></div>

His qoute

</div></div> </div></div>

This is odd because they're all coming in now with 1:10" stamped on the barrel. There's a fellow over on AR15.com, who bought one before people knew what as up and his was/is marked 1:10. Realizing that they should be unmarked and 1:12s, he measured his a few times and it is indeed a 1:10" twist.

They ARE coming in stamped 1:10, so either your Sako guy is wrong, the barrel stamp die setter is a retard or everybody else is nuts in misreading/mismeasuring the twists themselves.

Chris </div></div>

Does this mean that 66% of my info is wrong?
grin.gif

Handled one the other day in Rapid City, SD. TRG 42, .338Lapua. Had 10" clearly stamped on the barrel. 1:10 twist clearly listed on the shipping box.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coal Dragger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Handled one the other day in Rapid City, SD. TRG 42, .338Lapua. Had 10" clearly stamped on the barrel. 1:10 twist clearly listed on the shipping box. </div></div>

That sounds good, but it makes me wonder why Alex at Eurooptics would make that statement though.

Your absolutely right on the twist. I just bought one and it is stamped 10" also on the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EVILFORCE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DA. My barrel is not stamped. Where are they stamped at? </div></div>

If your barrel is NOT stamped, then it's more than likely an original 1:12" twist.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coal Dragger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Handled one the other day in Rapid City, SD. TRG 42, .338Lapua. Had 10" clearly stamped on the barrel. 1:10 twist clearly listed on the shipping box. </div></div>

Hey Coal Dragger, I was looking at that TRG 42 down at First Stop also.
You should buy that rifle and I'll purchase some ammo and we can go shoot!
Sounds like a good deal to me.
grin.gif