• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 42 Bolt Release

SHWILL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2007
Eads, TN
Took my TRG 42 out shooting for the first time and can not get the bolt out. I have taken the bolt in and out many times before with no problems. It will function fine, but the bolt release isn't working. Any ideas or anyone had this problem? Thanks

Re: TRG 42 Bolt Release

What do you mean by "the bolt release isn't working"? Will it depress or not? If it will not depress then there is something obviously binding up the release or blocking it from behind. You would need to remove it to check. So, give us some specifics.

Josh

It will fully depress, but the bolt will not come out. Nothing seems to be binding.

I apologize for asking the obvious but have you added a cheekpiece spacer recently - bolt hitting the cheekpiece?

Sounds weird. Try pulling the trigger off. I can't imagine what else it could be unless the roll pin holdinng the ejector in has come out a little bit and it catching on something.
Justin

Just had the same problem with a Rem 700 5R. Took the action off the stock to see if it was binding somewhere.( don't force the bolt) The lever on the side of trigger housing was going over the bolt stop. Contacted Remmington (under warranty) and a new trigger on the way.

Bolt is not hitting anything on the stock. Going out of town for business, will have to work with it next week.

Found the problem. The rear pin in the scope rail had slid down and was making contact with the bolt head. Removed the base and reinstalled the pin, all is well.