• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG-42 Brake

Mech45

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2009
NWI
What's the best brake for a TRG-42 as far as recoil reduction? The factory brake or a Surefire? Does anyone else make a brake thats better then either of these? Thanks for the help!

Re: TRG-42 Brake

I have the factory break, shooting a 250 grn Scenars mine feel likes between a 243 and a 270 that fits real good. They are Great!

The SureFire is nice by itself but I don't know if its better than the stock muzzle brake. If you are going to put a suppressor on in the future though different story.

Chuck

Jered from American Precision rebarreled mine with a 1:9.3 Broughton and installed his larger brake. Shooting 300 grain Corbon loads was very mild. I never had any luck in accuracy with the factory 1:12 twist and anything larger than 250 grains, but for that you would not need anything more than the factory brake.

Thanks for all the info! Sounds like the factory brake definetly works. I was hoping the surefire brake was at least as good as the factory brake, I can get a Surefire for less then the Sako. Sako acessories are nice but seem a little on the pricey side. Thanks again!

I owned a TRG-22...I had the stock brake and then ordered a Near. Wow....the Near brake is much more effective. It angels the muzzle blast back...so it pulls the rifle away from the shooter. I would highly recommend the Near brake...I also used the Near 25 MOA scope base.

Take care,Stan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The factory brake is awesome. It is very effective. </div></div>

+1

PP out

i have a trg22 with a factory break that works fine, but after seeing the great craftsmanship near has in the scope base ibought from him, i will use him for every trg part i can from now on.

+1 for near