• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing TRG 42 trigger help

egghead

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2005
GREEN SWAMP FL
My TRG trigger was binding up, I could not adjust it out, amoung other problems with it. I sent it in to Beretta for repair. What they did was just send me a new complete trigger mechanism (thank you Beretta). The problem I am having now is when I installed it and tested it with a snap cap I had a little slack then a nice 1-LB pull but no first stage resistance or click between first and second stage, and to be honest before I had problems and tried to adjust it out I thought it was a single stage trigger. Any help would be appreciated.

Terry

Re: TRG 42 trigger help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: egghead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My TRG trigger was binding up, I could not adjust it out, amoung other problems with it. I sent it in to Beretta for repair. What they did was just send me a new complete trigger mechanism (thank you Beretta). The problem I am having now is when I installed it and tested it with a snap cap I had a little slack then a nice 1-LB pull but no first stage resistance or click between first and second stage, and to be honest before I had problems and tried to adjust it out I thought it was a single stage trigger. Any help would be appreciated.

Terry </div></div>

Have you brought up the weight of the first stage, that should give you the resistance that you need, They will bind when the 1st and secound stage are too close in weight.

Re: TRG 42 trigger help

Thanks Alaskaman 11
I haven't tryed to ajust the first stage yet would that also give me the click between first and second stage