• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 42

LongrangeHawk

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
Radcliff, KY
I recently bought a TRG 42. I got some reloading supplies together, some 250 grn Lapua scenars, Lapua brass, and some Hodgdons 869. Anybody know a good starting load with this powder?

Re: TRG 42

Hi!in my trg 42 ,when i ve used this powder i ve reload with 102 gr. the maximum is 104!... but, if you want advice from one that shoot from years with 338.. buy vithavuori. Good shoot guy!

Out of curiosity where did you find the 250gr Scenars? I have been looking everywhere I can think of and no one has them in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongrangeHawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently bought a TRG 42. I got some reloading supplies together, some 250 grn Lapua scenars, Lapua brass, and some Hodgdons 869. Anybody know a good starting load with this powder? </div></div>

Try the Reloading Depot in the Reloding section. Look for the section labeled 338LM/50BMG.

Is your new TRG-42 one of the 10" twists? If so, you're lucky and can fiddle with the 300s if you want. It'll be marked.

For out to 1k, I like H-4831sc under the 250s, between 85-87grs for ~2825 fps. I also like VV-165 & VV-170 as well. My TRG is an older 12" twist.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongrangeHawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got them a few months ago from Midway USA. I haven't been successful at finding any lately. </div></div>

FYI, my backorder from midwayusa was released this AM, and they now are saying they have 250's in stock.