• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG folding stock question

Re: TRG folding stock question

Thete expensive because people keep buying them. If know one bought one of there stocks from anyone the price would come down. But with gov. people buying with our tax dollars it'll never stop. It would be nice if it was available in a Remington action too. The closet I've found to there fixed stock is the B&C tactical/varmit stock. Love the gun though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USW.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about why the hell is it so expensive!! </div></div>

+1, I have standard stock. BTW, we need the guy that says the rent is to damn high. The stock is to damn high
wink.gif

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USW.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about why the hell is it so expensive!! </div></div>

Ain't that the truth.

There's a couple reasons I'm sure. Obviously Sako isn't concerned at all about how many they sell or they wouldn't charge $3000 just for the folding option. Could be military contracts etc. who knows but again whenever a company has the only game in town, and doesn't care how many they sell, they can price at whatever they want.

Adam is right, soon we will have another option in a folder for the TRG's at 1/3 of the price or less, if I wanted one I'd hold out for that option.

Plus sadly like most things enough people have enough money and don't care what things cost to allow companies to charge way way too much. As someone else said if no one purchased them, and govt's refused to spend ridiculous amounts on contract purchases most high end shooting gear (esp. tactical orientated) would be a lot cheaper.

I've heard the new "monopod" style allows for more elevation range than the older design. That said I think the new design for the monopod looks like it would catch on stuff and is much more likely to be damaged.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why dont you guys hold out for the KRG folder, I am </div></div>

+1 My respiration went up when I got the email about their new stock. Right up until I saw it was made for a Tikka instead of a TRG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50-140</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why dont you guys hold out for the KRG folder, I am </div></div>

+1 My respiration went up when I got the email about their new stock. Right up until I saw it was made for a Tikka instead of a TRG. </div></div>

The rear of that stock will bolt on in place of the fixed rear on your TRG. The last I heard, there will be an option to purchase just the folding portion.

Josh

Yesh Josh is correct. We actually have the TRG folder up on the website, so guys can see some pictures. It's due out sometime mid year. We didn't see much need for a full TRG stock right now, so ours is just the back end like you would buy from Sako to upgrade your existing rifle. Down the road we will do a full TRG stock for guys that want some features like AICS mags and the forend options that we're planning for the future.

I personally agree with ToddM about the monopod. Also now you are practically forced to use the monopod since it takes up so much room. There are some situations when a bag would be better.
Justin