• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG help

hank440

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2009
Gambrills. MD
TRG guys I need a 1/2" spacer for the cheeekpiece to sit at the proper height. Does anyone have a good solution the Sako spacer is too short ?
grin.gif

Re: TRG help

I was gonna make one for myself out of anodized aluminum. I'd be happy to make one for you while I was at it. Pm me and we can work something out :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Mike! So are the bolts M5 or M6 threads?</div></div>

I don't remember. I took the old one to a Fastnal and said I need this 1-2cm longer and showed them the old one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact Terje338 here on the hide. </div></div>

+1

His stuff is nice.

This is what I made. I machined it on my cheap mini mill and put the thickness at .700". That is with a 20 MOA rail and with TPS low rings, made it perfect! Have yet to paint them, but that is next so I can bolt them on. If my memory serves me correct, that new bolt needs to be a little longer and is a M6.

I did not like the space left at the rear of the stock/cheekpiece area, I cut it to size to fill the space. I like the way it turned out for what I am using it for. I am still wanting to use a plastic material, just dont know what to use yet.

Made two for my rifles. Still refining the process.

DSCN0692.jpg

DSCN0693.jpg

DSCN0694.jpg

DSCN0695.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

8UP those look good. Look at walmart and the like for thick plastic cutting boards or chopping blocks, might make for some good donor material.

Very nice work 8up. I'll have to point this out to brownpotdeaton. As far as materials go nylotron would be a good choice.

Thanks for the comments fella's, I appreciate the words. I have been wanting to try to make a decent spacer system for a while now, so now you guys have got me motivated to try and improve.

I must say Terje 338's cheek spacer is without a doubt the cats ass. It is very nice. I have never owned one of his products but from the pic's I must say he has a quality product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">8UP those look good. Look at walmart and the like for thick plastic cutting boards or chopping blocks, might make for some good donor material.</div></div>

To answer some questions. I have tried the cutting board poly plastic from Wally. I could not find a thick enough board that was needed about 1" thick. I used some of the stuff that was just shy of .5" thick, when I was cutting it down to the thickness I wanted, it just was not strong enough and would warp or bow. I appreciate the help mavrick!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TxAg08</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice work 8up. I'll have to point this out to brownpotdeaton. As far as materials go nylotron would be a good choice. </div></div>

I tried my google foo with the nylotron. It came up with some great sources of plastic's to try. I thank you for the recommendation of material. I have seen a ABS plastic that you can machine and I think that would be a great plastic to try this on.

I was thinking of making the spacers into .250" thinkness that were stackable yet still fill the space at the rear of the stock/cheek area. Good idea or not? I like the one piece that just has a cleaner look to it, just cut to the desired thickness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow those are nice I will take one in 1/2" height</div></div>

I have no problem making one if you would like one. I would like to try this other plastic first then let you decide.

8UP-Nice work.

Here's what I did. Not nearly as nice as what's above, but it works.

5e71xi.jpg

I bought an acrylic cutting board from Wal-Mart, a longer bolt from Ace Hardware, and a can of spraypaint from Lowe's. $10 total investment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 8up</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what I made. I machined it on my cheap mini mill </div></div>
8up... Are you selling these comb risers? If so, Id like to get one from you.... Maybe PM me
and we can talk price and height. Thanks. Are those made out of Trex Deck?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact Terje338 here on the hide. </div></div>

He doesn't seem to have posted in a long time. Is he still coming around?

made mine from plastic sheeting available at the local model airplane/car/boat hobby shop. looks like poly carbonate, comes in just about any thickness, easily cut, sands or mills.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g5</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact Terje338 here on the hide. </div></div>

He doesn't seem to have posted in a long time. Is he still coming around? </div></div>

He was pretty easy to get a hold of as of a few months ago.

Contact terje 338 by email its in his profile he got back to me inside 2 days