• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

trg mag ?

terrell35744

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
I have a question for the trg 22 owners about feeding on the last 5th and 4th rounds out of the mag it seem a little week on my mag. I was out shooting the other day and the rounds at the end of the mag were not popping up and feeding it the gun. Has anyone else had this problem and was there a fix for it.

I did take apart the mag and clean it which did restore the feeding but it still seem like the spring is not pushing up hard enough.

Thanks for any ideas

Re: trg mag ?

The only suggestion I have is if you are handloading make sure your OAL is not too long and the bullet tips are not dragging on the inside of mag body. I had the same problem with my 22 that did not show up only loading 3 or 4 but when fully loaded it exhibited the exact problem you described, the mag's must have a very slight taper. I shortened up a bit no more problems.

Re: trg mag ?

The load rounds are at 2.806 oal. But I did call up beretta and they said that I would need a hand full of dirt to jam up the mag so they are checking into any known problems and would swap out the mag for me if we cant get solved
thanks Sean