• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG Magazines life

Bugaboo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Prague, Czech Republic
I am wondering how durable the TRG magazines are, or how many rounds should I expect them to live through.
I just bought two spare for a price of one, but still...

How many did you put through your before it started to make problems?

Re: TRG Magazines life

I'm not expert on magazines, but I would think that the only item that would degrade over time and use would be the spring, which is replaceable.

I doubt that the lips would wear appreciably enought to cause any issues.

Jim G

Both of my mags have started getting very weak to the point of pass overs by the bolt on the last round. I contacted beretta about it and they say that they will not sell just a spring but would be happy to sell me some new mags.

Jon how many rounds do you have through your mags that are not feeding correctly?

Berretta won't sell just a replacement spring???

That is REALLY predatory, since that is all you need - not the $175 magazine!

Reaffirms what I thought before I went ahead an bought a TRG anyway: Sako evidently works on the marketing principle that once they get you to buy their rifle, they'll really screw you over for accessories and replacement parts. Pretty unethical.

One other thing to check though: If the alloy block that holds the mag in the chassis has worn or moved, the mag will appear to be seated, but is actually riding a little low for reliable cartidge pickup by the bolt. The cure is to take the forend skin off the rifle to gain access to that alloy block, loosen its set screw, place a mag into the rifle, push the alloy block back into the mag (don't worry, you can't possibly hold it TOO tightly into the mag), and while holding the mag and alloy block in that position, retighten the set screw on the alloy block. Solved the problem for me.

Jim G

My mags don't set the last round against the feed lips. Tkink I am going to stretch the crap out of the springs.

I wonder if the spring from any OTHER (non-TRG) magazine might work.

Easy enough to try, and WAY cheaper than a new TRG mag.

Jim G